Prepares quantity survey take-off and call work for specific divisions of construction projects to assist in developing bid proposals. After contract award, assists in the buy-out process when applicable.
Caddell Construction is seeking an Estimating Intern to assist in preparing bids large commercial projects in excess of $10M. The Estimating Intern prepares quantity survey takeoff, pricing summaries and call work for major divisions of construction projects to assist in developing proposals. Also has buy-out responsibilities after contract award when applicable.
- Reads and interprets contract documents relating to the assigned major divisions.
- Prepares accurate quantity surveys and pricing summaries.
- Reviews estimate/sub quote files to gain information for current bids.
- Soliciting subcontractor/vendor pricing information.
- Prepares spreadsheets and coordinates with estimating bid team members for bid day.
- Logs and files bid documentation after bid day for estimate/sub quote file.
- Attends pre-bid conferences and site visits.
- Negotiates and writes subcontracts and purchase agreements.
Minimum high school diploma/GED and seven-years of construction related estimating experience required. Or, four year degree and 5 years estimating experience. Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance, if required. Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook. Experienced with estimating software. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Prioritizes conflicts in managing multiple tasks on assignments simultaneously.
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer – veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT FOR CADDELL?
Caddell is looking for people with strong values and a shared vision for success. Cultural fit is critical to employee satisfaction and company success. Take a moment to watch The Caddell Way Culture video, and if you think you are the right fit, we'd be happy for you to apply!