Title: Training and Development Manager
Reports to: General Counsel & Vice President
About Wright Service Corp:
Ranked 24th in the 2019 Top Workplaces in Iowa, Wright Service Corp. is a prominent leader in several environmental services industries, as the parent company to Wright Tree Service, Wright Outdoor Solutions, CNUC, Terra Spectrum Technologies, Sustainable Environmental Consultants, Wright Tree Service of the West, Spectrum Resource Group and Arborcare.
Together as a family of companies, Wright Service Corp. provides integrated vegetation management, technology solutions, consulting and operations, commercial environmental products, and residential and commercial landscaping, tree care, and other outdoor services.
- Assist with the development of strategic plans in relation to training and development.
- Conduct ongoing needs assessments with senior leadership to understand and address skill gaps in the management and frontline employee talent.
- Propose training and development curriculums, programs, objectives. Evaluate the needs of the company and plan training programs accordingly.
- Provide leadership development curriculum and education.
- Assist and manage employees that obtain/develop and execute effective training materials utilizing a variety of media (micro-learning, eLearning, video, facilitated training, training materials).
- Oversee and execute the company’s Leadership, Education and Development (LEAD) program, along with the company’s leadership succession planning and development programs.
- Manage, train and coach members of the training and development team and others involved in employee development efforts.
- Provide performance feedback to employees on the training and development team.
- Conduct follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Modifies training programs as needed.
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Create and maintain online testing and evaluation processes.
- Build and maintain project plans and pipelines for in-person and online training.
- Build solid cross-functional relationships.
- Provide logistical support, course development, delivery, evaluation for training projects.
- Bachelor's degree in multimedia design, graphic design, or instructional design, or related field.
- 7 – 10 years of experience designing and implementing employee development programs.
- Leadership and supervisory experience required.
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential preferred.
- Strong knowledge and application of adult learning theory and instructional design principles with a strong focus on eLearning/virtual design/graphic design and training methodologies, utilizing the latest interactive learning technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of various authoring and eLearning development tools; i.e., Articulate Storyline, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe After Effects, and/or Adobe Premiere.
- Strong communication, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- An ability to translate technical terminology into readable content.
- Highly creative with the ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints.
Wright Service Corp Offers:
- 'Dress for Your Day' Clothing Policy. Casual dress M-F which includes jeans!
- Competitive pay & great benefits including vacation, medical, dental, vision, education assistance, volunteer opportunities...just to name a few!
- Wellness Program & Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- 401k & ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) - A retirement plan completely funded by the company!
- Team Thursdays - An office-wide team building event that occurs throughout the year.
- Rich culture - driven by private ownership and intentional leadership