About Climate Control Company:
Established in 1956, Climate Control Company is family owned and registered in the state of Colorado. Current owners Michael and Lara Fergen strengthen Climate Control Company’s reputation by maintaining strict standards of quality in the HVAC industry. We value the privilege of serving this beautiful community. We are comfort driven….Colorado style.
Our Team is Eminently Qualified
We employ NATE (North American Technical Excellence) certified technicians whose skills have been put to the test. We are members of the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA), and are one of the few companies in the area to be certified through their QA program.
The Apprentice Install Technician is responsible for working with the Lead Install Technician to ensure the on-time, high-quality installation of HVAC/R equipment, duct systems, fittings, grilles, registers, diffusers, controls, and related equipment.
Key Performance objectives:
- Identify and solve problems that might impede the completion of work within budgeted time.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to the Lead Install Technician on ways to improve quality, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Complete approved repairs/improvements in a timely manner.
- Leave a clean, orderly beautiful installation, and make our customers delighted so they will always call us for their indoor comfort needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist other mechanics as required
- Assist with equipment installations as required
- Follow defined installation procedures for associated equipment being installed
- Identify potential problems during the installation that might affect current or future performance
- Perform minor repairs and adjustments at time of installation
- Gather equipment and part information for follow-up quotations
- Complete time card and turn in daily
- Communicate follow-up repair or replacement information to the office during the service call.
Vehicle, parts, supplies and materials responsibilities
- Report vehicle malfunctions to office ASAP
- Maintain proper fluids and tire air pressure in vehicle
- Keep van clean, organized and in proper order
- Restock any parts, supplies or materials used to maintain van inventory
- Responsible for all Climate Control Company property
- Perform required vehicle maintenance
Provide own tools
- Provide all necessary tools unless available from our inventory department
- Replace tools at own expense as needed
Report to Journeymen Field Technician & Field Supervisor
- Report all problems to Journeymen Field Technician and Field Supervisor
- Field Supervisor to authorize specials needs as required
- Required to attend all in house training during normal business hours
- Enroll in any related class approved by the company
- The mechanics who wish to remain at the top of their game must always be students of the industry. A combination of self-study and manufacturer’s training will be the mechanic’s knowledge base under Climate Control Company’s representation.
- Company employees and the public’s opinion of Climate Control Company are influenced by your conduct.
- Display a positive and professional image while representing Climate Control Company at all times.
- Be professional, act professional, and look professional.
- Climbing (ladders, stairs, etc)
- Bending or stooping
- Working with shop equipment
- Extended periods of walking
- Able to tolerate varying weather conditions
- Operating a motor vehicle
- Operating power or hand tools
- Ability to work an unusual schedule.
- Work within the established Climate Control Company protocol procedure(s).
- Vary according to season and job requirements
- Adhere to Climate Control Company and OSHA safety rules
- Attend staff meetings, safety meetings and training seminars as requested by management
- High school graduate or equivalent or tenured experience
- Willing to complete the Requirements of an approved HVACR training program
- Universal CFC Certified by the end of the 1st year of employment
- HVAC Learning Solutions, complete within 3 months of employment;
- Technical needs assessment and selected courses
*Courses provided upon availability & management approval
Based on experience
- Paid Holidays
- Life insurance/Short Term Disability
- Option Life Insurance/Long term disability/Accident Insurance
This position, as are all positions at Climate Control Company, is always changing and expanding. New assignments will be added occasionally and current job descriptions may alter.