About Climate Control Company:
Established in 1956, Climate Control Company is family owned and registered in the state of Colorado. Current owners Michael and Lara Fergen strengthen Climate Control Company’s reputation by maintaining strict standards of quality in the HVAC industry. We value the privilege of serving this beautiful community. We are comfort driven….Colorado style.
Our Team is Eminently Qualified
We employ NATE (North American Technical Excellence) certified technicians whose skills have been put to the test. We are members of the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA), and are one of the few companies in the area to be certified through their QA program.
This position reports to the Installation Supervisor and Production Manager. The Install Technician is responsible for working with the Lead Install Technician to ensure the on-time, high-quality installation of HVAC/R equipment, duct systems, fittings, grilles, registers, diffusers, controls, and related equipment.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Identify and solve problems that might impede the completion of work within budgeted time.
- Provide feedback and suggestions to the Lead Install Technician on ways to improve quality, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Complete approved repairs/improvements in a timely manner.
Leave a clean, orderly beautiful installation, and make our customers delighted so they will always call us for their indoor comfort needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow applicable codes for all associated equipment
- Identify current and potential problems during the installation that might affect current or future performance
- Communicate necessary recommendations and associated costs to the owner
- Gather equipment and part information and perform associated start up
- Provide customers with information and pricing on service agreements, accessories and other comfort/operational improvements
- Provide customers with information on new equipment when the existing equipment exceeds 10 years of age or is in generally poor condition
- Complete necessary paperwork: daily reports, AWA’s, and RFI’s
- Assist, manage and train other Apprentice mechanics as required
- Assist with equipment installations as required
Vehicle, parts, supplies and materials responsibilities
- Report vehicle malfunctions to office ASAP
- Maintain proper fluids and tire air pressure in vehicle
- Keep vehicle clean, organized, stocked and in proper order
- Restock parts, supplies or materials used to maintain van inventory
- Responsible for all Climate Control Company property
- Perform required vehicle maintenance
Provide own tools
- Provide all necessary tools if our inventory department does not have them for use
- Replace tools at own expense as needed
Report to Field Supervisor & Project Manager
- Report all problems to Field Supervisor and Project Manager for discussion
- Project Manager to authorize specials needs as required
- Required to attend all in house training during normal business hours
- Enroll in any related class approved by the company
- Assist, instruct and manage Install Technicians on proper installation and rcodes and techniques
- Maintain Nate Certified Status and pay applicable dues
- The technicians who wish to remain at the top of their game must always be students of the industry. A combination of self-study and manufacturer’s training will be the technician’s knowledge base under Climate Control Company’s representation.
- Company employees and the public’s opinion of Climate Control Company are influenced by your conduct.
- Display a positive and professional image while representing Climate Control Company at all times.
- Be professional, act professional, and look professional.
- Climbing (ladders, stairs, etc)
- Bending or stooping
- Extended periods of walking
- Use shop equipment
- Able to tolerate varying weather conditions
- Operating a motor vehicle
- Operating power or hand tools
- Ability to work an unusual schedule.
- Work within the established Climate Control Company protocol procedure (s).
- Vary according to season and job requirements
- Adhere to Climate Control Company and OSHA safety rules
- Attend staff meetings, safety meetings and training seminars as requested by management
- High school graduate or equivalent or tenured experience
- Graduated from an approved HVACR program or equivalent experience
- Universal CFC certified
- NATE certified; Core Service, A/C or Gas Heat & Air Distribution Service, Licensed plumber
- 40 Hours HVACLS per year
- Knowledge of residential and mechanical codes
*Courses provided upon availability & management approval
- A minimum of 2-year residential/commercial HVACR/Hydronics, Controls, Plumbing Installation
Based on experience
- Paid Holidays
- Life insurance/Short Term Disability
- Option Life Insurance/Long term disability/Accident Insurance
This position, as are all positions at Climate Control Company, is always changing and expanding. New assignments will be added occasionally and current job descriptions may alter.