Position Department: Field - International
Classification (exempt/non-exempt): Non-Exempt
Complete construction tasks as directed by the construction supervisor. This may include both interior and exterior projects, climbing onto ladders, working in moderately confined spaces, and in temperature variances.
Description of Tasks:
- Work with the other construction team members on allocations of duties, such as rotating tasks as needed on a particular project.
- Complete tasks as needed – this may include projects such as moving equipment, packing, waste haul out.
- Position or dismantle forms for pouring concrete, using saws, hammers, nails or bolts.
- Mix, pour or spread concrete, using portable cement mixers.
- Smooth or finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds or powered cement finishing tools.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers or rakes.
- Operate jackhammers or drills to break up concrete or pavement.
- Job duties will vary and will include but are not limited to the following: Concrete, asphalt paving, excavation, remodeling, roofing, metal building construction, ceramic tile/flooring, plumbing/sewer repair, landscaping.
Education/Experience: Minimum high school diploma/GED and 1 year of related construction experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Excellent written and verbal communication, and strong organizational skills. Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation. High standard of integrity and professionalism. Able to pass a required background check for a security clearance.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to crawl, climb, walk, reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, crouch, stand for longs periods of time, lift and hold in excess of 50 lbs., talk, hear and occasionally sit. Must have the ability to withstand confined spaces and or/extreme heights while negotiating tasks at hand in a safe manner to themselves and/or others.
Environmental Conditions: Frequently on site and subject to hot cold, humid and wet conditions depending on location.