Position Department: Field - International
Classification (exempt/non-exempt): Non-Exempt
Assembles and installs plumbing systems according to specifications and appropriate trade and building codes.
Description of Tasks:
- Studies specifications, building plans and show drawings to determine work aids required and the appropriate sequence of installation.
- Inspects the structure to ascertain obstructions to be avoided to prevent the weakening of the structure resulting from the installation of pipe.
- Locates and marks the position of pipe and pipe connections and passage holes for pipes in walls and floors using ruler, level and plumb bob.
- Cuts openings in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and fittings using hand and power tools.
- Assembles and installs valves, pipe and fittings composed of metals, e.g. iron, steel, copper, brass, lead and non-metals, e.g., glass, vitrified clay and plastic using hand tools and power tools.
- Joins pipe using screws, bolts, fittings, solder, solvent and caulk joints.
Education/Experience: Minimum high school diploma/GED and/or 2 years of experience as a Plumber. Solid knowledge and understanding of system operation, building plans and working drawings.
Certifications, Licenses, etc.: U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Must have the ability to read and comprehend ISO drawings, blueprints, and written instructions. Good verbal communication, General knowledge of plumbing and pipe system layout, according to specifications. Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation. High standard of integrity and professionalism.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to crawl, climb, walk, reach with hands and arms, bend, kneel, crouch, stand for longs periods of time, lift and hold in excess of 50 lbs., talk, hear and occasionally sit. Must have the ability to withstand confined spaces and or/extreme heights while negotiating tasks at hand in a safe manner to themselves and/or others.
Environmental Conditions: Frequently on site and subject to hot cold, humid and wet conditions depending on location.