Climate Control Company
Class 1, HVAC Service Specialist
GLENWOOD SPRINGS, CO 81601
We are an equal opportunity employer.
About Climate Control Company:
Established in 1956, Climate Control Company is family owned and registered in the state of Colorado. Current owners Michael and Lara Fergen strengthen Climate Control Company’s reputation by maintaining strict standards of quality in the HVAC industry. We value the privilege of serving this beautiful community. We are comfort driven….Colorado style.
Our Team is Eminently Qualified
We employ NATE (North American Technical Excellence) certified technicians whose skills have been put to the test. We are members of the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA), and are one of the few companies in the area to be certified through their QA program.
He or She is responsible for conducting a broad range of duties in support of business development needs while supporting all departments within Climate Control Company (CCC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Equipment Maintenance & Repair
- Follow defined maintenance procedures for HVAC equipment
- Identify potential problems during the maintenance that might affect current or future performance
- Communicate necessary recommendations and associated costs to the owner
- Perform minor repairs and adjustments at time of service as authorized
- Gather equipment and part information for follow-up quotations
- Communicate follow-up repair or replacement information to the office during the service call.
- Provide customers with information and pricing on service agreements, accessories and other comfort improvements
- Provide customers with information on new equipment when the existing equipment exceeds 10 years of age or is in generally poor condition
- Complete necessary paperwork
- Assist other Service Technicians as required
- Assist with equipment installations as required
- Complete all invoices according to company procedures
- Invoice all service calls and obtain signature
- Collect on all service calls as instructed by dispatch
- Turn invoices and payments over to the Service Runner or accounting.
Phone and Computer Communication
- Clock in and out of each service call via Acotruck
- Receive all service calls via Acotruck
- Debrief with CSR after each call
- Communicate any problems or concerns with CSR’s or Team Leader
- Communicate with CSR any necessary repair or customer follow-up issues
- Communicate replacement leads to Sales Lead Coordinator
Vehicle, parts, supplies and materials responsibilities
- Report vehicle malfunctions to office ASAP
- Maintain proper fluids and tire air pressure in vehicle
- Keep van clean, organized and in proper order
- Restock any parts, supplies or materials used to maintain van inventory
- Responsible for all Climate Control Company property
- Perform required vehicle maintenance
Provide own tools
- Provide all necessary tools unless available from our inventory department
- Replace tools at own expense as needed
Report to Service Team Leader & Service Manger
- Report all problems to Service Team Leader and or Service Manager for discussion
- Service Manager to authorize specials needs as required
- Perform on the job training through technician assistance and supervision
- Required to attend all in house training during normal business hours
- Enroll in any service related class approved by the company
- Maintain Nate Certified Status and pay applicable dues
- The technicians who wish to remain at the top of their game must always be students of the industry. A combination of self-study and manufacturer’s training will be the technician’s knowledge base under Climate Control Company’s representation.
- Company employees and the public’s opinion of Climate Control Company are influenced by your conduct.
- Display a positive and professional image while representing Climate Control Company at all times.
- Be professional, act professional, and look professional.
- Climbing (ladders, stairs, etc)
- Bending or stooping
- Extended periods of walking
- Able to tolerate varying weather conditions
- Operating a motor vehicle
- Operating power or hand tools
- Ability to work an unusual schedule.
- Work within the established Climate Control Company protocol procedure(s).
- Vary according to season and job requirements
- Adhere to Climate Control Company and OSHA safety rules
- Attend staff meetings, safety meetings and training seminars as requested by management
- High school graduate or equivalent or tenured experience
- Graduated from approved HVACR program or willing to complete the Requirements of an approved HVACR training program
- Universal CFC Certified
- HVAC Learning Solutions, complete within 3 months of employment;
*Courses provided upon availability & management approval
Basic mechanical skills
Based on experiance
- Paid Holidays
- Life insurance/Short Term Disability
- Option Life Insurance/Long term disability/Accident Insurance
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.