Reporting to the Division Manager, this position will oversee the Quality Control Department. Manage, train, and develop the QC staff to ensure the entire department runs efficiently. Oversight and reporting of compliance for aggregates and asphalt mixtures. Coordinate with company leadership to keep material within the specifications, offering guidance and assistance in resolving issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform management duties including participating in hiring, disciplinary action, and day-to-day scheduling of QC department.
- Maintain and assigns internal equipment calibration and records for all equipment.
- Review weekly timecards for all QC staff.
- Oversee and participate in yearly mix designs and submittals.
- Track and maintain certification of QC staff.
- Oversee and perform tests on materials including gradation, aggregate qualities, asphalt mixture volumetrics, and other tests as deemed necessary.
- Review test results to ensure compliance with specifications and properly document and submit to the appropriate agency.
- Work with project managers/estimators during lettings on project specifications.
- Demonstrate and ensure that all safety procedures and processes are always maintained within the QC department.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- 5-10 years asphalt lab experience in construction, aggregates, or material testing is required.
- State DOT certification or other nationally recognized certification required (or ability to obtain).
- Knowledge with ASTM, ASSHTO, and DOT test methods.
- Overall knowledge of asphalt and crushing plant operations.
- Proven ability to lead and manage others.
- Basic understanding of statistical concepts and the theory and practice of random sampling.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Superior analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated individual that can lead by example.
- High ethical standards.
- Clean valid driver’s license.
- Competitive compensation
- The Company contributes toward the following benefits – your contributions are made on a pre-tax basis:
- Medical benefits – employees can choose a traditional PPO plan with a Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), or a high deductible health plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental benefits, including orthodontia for children
- Dependent care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Our retirement plan offers the opportunity for employees to make pre-tax and/or Roth 401(k) contributions, as well as employer profit sharing
- The Company provides the following benefits at no cost to you:
- Group term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Disability insurance, including paid sick leave, short term disability and long-term disability
- Paid vacation – pro-rated vacation is available immediately
- Paid holidays
Mathy Construction Company, established in 1945, provides quality production and placement of hot mix asphalt and construction aggregates throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We specialize in residential, recreational, and commercial projects ranging from airfields, highways and parking lots to bike baths and athletic tracks.
We are committed to the safety and wellness of our team and the greater good of our communities. To learn more about how we take care of our team members, communities, and the environment, visit us at: www.mathy.com