About Wright Service Corp.:
Ranked 24 in the 2019 Top Workplaces in Iowa, Wright Service Corp. is now one of the largest vegetation management contractors in the U.S. We provide vegetation management, storm restoration, and work planning services to utility companies and their communities across the country. Wright Service Corp. is headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, and has more than 5,000 employees across 44 states. At Wright Service Corp., we know that our employees are the foundation of a successful business. We offer a safety focused culture with competitive pay and benefits. From entry level positions to management roles, we are committed to providing our employee owners the training and resources needed for a fulfilling career.
Wright Service Corp. is an employee-owned company, serving utilities, specifically their vegetation management departments. As our company continues to grow, new opportunities are available. Due to the company growth, as well as the substantial increase of internal promotions within the Payroll & Billing department is currently seeking to add a Payroll Tax Analyst to join the team!
- Audit employee tax codes in eCMS system to assure taxing in the correct jurisdictions.
- Audit payroll wage and tax reports for accuracy.
- Review and analyze federal, state, and local tax law changes to ensure compliance.
- Assist department with tax research and compliance questions.
- Complete registrations for state, local, and unemployment tax accounts with tax agencies.
- Set-up and maintain federal, state, and local tax tables in eCMS and ADP systems.
- Transmit periodic, quarterly, and annual tax files to ADP.
- File and pay federal, state, and local tax returns for subsidiary companies.
- Assist with tax amendments as needed.
- Assist employees with tax and W-2 questions.
- Research and respond to tax notices.
- Complete monthly and/or quarterly wage reporting for multiple worksite reports, workers comp, etc.
- Perform quality assurance testing of tax updates and configuration changes.
- Review and process ADP invoices.
- Reconcile the general ledger as it pertains to payroll tax accounts.
- Prepare journal entries and general ledger uploads.
- Assists with audits or legal inquiries as needed.
- Other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Must have minimum of 3 years knowledge of multi-state payroll and tax experience required.
- Experience with pay calculations, tax and benefits, and multi-state taxation rules.
- Experience with ADP SmartCompliance is preferred.
- College degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management preferred.
- Experience maintaining confidentiality and working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must exhibit exceptional customer service skills, discretion and tact when dealing with personnel inside and outside the organization.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently while maintaining company standards.
Wright Service Corp Offers:
- 'Dress for Your Day' Clothing Policy. Casual dress M-F which includes jeans!
- Competitive pay & great benefits including vacation, medical, dental, vision, education assistance, volunteer opportunities...just to name a few!
- Wellness Program & Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- 401k & ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) - A retirement plan completely funded by the company!
- Team Thursdays - An office-wide team building event that occurs throughout the year.
- Rich culture - driven by private ownership and intentional leadership