Discovery at Home, Gulf Coast is comprised of a team of professionals with extensive experience in senior living personal care. We’re always nearby, including our senior management team, accessible to our clients and their families, and have direct authority to make decisions right where we are. We know local healthcare issues and procedures, and how to deliver the best care possible to our clients. Discovery at Home is Medicare certified and has earned the Community Health Accreditation Program’s (CHAP) coveted accreditation.
About the Opportunity
Does working for a Home Health agency sound like the professional challenge you are seeking? Discovery at Home offers significant opportunities for growth and career advancement. Employees are encouraged to take responsibility for their own careers. You'll be working with incredible individuals with boundless creativity. All patients are treated at various Discovery Living communities within Hillsborough County.
The Speech Therapist will: Conduct evaluations, Identify speech defects and establish a plan of care, Administer speech therapy programs and Confer with physicians and other personnel to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care to the total plan of care.
1. Must possesses a degree that includes an internship from an approved Master's program in Speech Language Pathology, or as required by applicable law and/or regulation.
2. Must meets the education and experience requirements for a Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology, granted by the American Speech Language Hearing Association (ASHA).
3. Must be certified to practice Speech Language Pathology in the state of Florida.
4. A minimum of one (1) year of home health experience in Speech Language Pathology.
5. Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills.
6. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Full-time team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Both full and part-time team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401k plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.