Plans, implements and supervises project safety and ensures that accident and fire protection programs are in compliance with the Caddell Corporate Safety Program on the assigned project. Consults with Corporate Safety Manager to develop safe work plans for all project phases and crew tasks.
- Conducts thorough daily safety inspections of all active work areas and documents these inspections.
- Consults with field staff on safety issues, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Conducts initial safety new hire orientation sessions.
- Monitors housekeeping practices to ensure clean and safe environment.
- Serves as construction safety liaison with owner and subcontractors.
- Prepares and submits all required safety-related reports.
- Conducts post-accident and property damage investigations.
- Performs additional assignments per Corporate Safety Manager's direction.
Education/Experience: Minimum high school diploma/GED and five years' experience in safety management required.
Certifications, Licenses, etc.: OSHA 30-hour, First Aid/CPR, Competent Persons Training
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Effective written and verbal communication skills. Excellent organizational skills. Must have a working knowledge of Caddell's Corporate Safety Program. Working knowledge of applicable OSHA or Corps of Engineers EM385-1-1. Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Caddell Construction seeks an experienced Construction Safety Manager with previous Construction experience. A clearance, or the ability to receive a clearance is preferred, but not required.
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.