Responsible for the timely, cost-effective placement of the entire project's contracted work in the field. Supervises sub-contractors and craft workers and ensures that work is performed efficiently, profitably, in accordance with contract documents, safely, and on schedule.
- Supervises total construction efforts to ensure project is constructed safely in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Interfaces with client/owner representative, AE representative, subcontractors, etc.
- Plans, coordinates and supervises onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control). Provides day-to-day coordination with onsite administrative staff in accounting, purchasing, etc., as required.
- Supervises craft employees and/or other contractors as required by the contract. Responsible for craft hiring, placement and training.
- Conducts weekly subcontractor meetings to review progress and plan work.
- Manages all self-performed and subcontracted work to ensure quality and schedule integrity of all work in progress.
- Responsible for weekly labor cost reporting.
- Assumes responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials & equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
- Plans, coordinates and performs all work to ensure safety.
- Performs additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
High School or GED and 10 years' experience as Craft Supervisor or Superintendent on similar projects required. Four year degree in Building Science, Construction Management or Engineering is a plus, but not required. Strong leadership and management skills, and good written and verbal communication skills required. DoD/Military Base construction project experience strongly preferred.
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.
ARE YOU THE RIGHT FIT FOR CADDELL?
Caddell is looking for people with strong values and a shared vision for success. Cultural fit is critical to employee satisfaction and company success. Take a moment to watch The Caddell Way Culture video, and if you think you are the right fit, we'd be happy for you to apply!