Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 2 Years
Salary Range: $17.00 - $26.00 depends on experience
Work Hours: Monday - Friday - Some Saturdays will be required - Overtime is available
Hawkeye Paving Corporation is a family owned and operated paving and underground utility general contractor located in Bettendorf, Iowa, for 37 years. We are a full service general contractor working with both private and public entities consisting of but not limited to, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, water main, erosion control, grading, excavation, street paving, pavement widening, turn lanes, pavement removal, parking lots, decorative concrete, patching, traffic control, sidewalks, bridge deck overlays, bike paths & floors.
Position requires designing, building, installing, and repairing structures, fixtures and other items using different types of materials including wood and steel. At construction sites on city streets, highways and interstates within the state of Iowa.
- Must have 2 years carpenter experience
- Must possess competence in the following areas
- Study specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required
- Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines or power saws
- Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk and marking gauge
- Verify trueness of structure, using plumb bob and level
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together with nails, dowel pins, or glue
- Tying rebar
- When not performing the above mentions essential duties and responsibilities, may assist in other operations as designated by supervisor
- Ability to exert heavy physical effort, handling average weigh objects up to 50 pounds
- Ability to kneel, stop, crouch, balance, climb or crawl
- Prepare the layout of the project
- Check work along the way to ensure it's up to code and specifications
- Move and install machinery
- Insurable driver's license is a plus
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Occasional travel may be required
Additional Skills Desired
- Build concrete forms for tunnel or sewer construction project
- Create structures for pouring concrete
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Women, minorities, veterans & individuals with disabilities
are encouraged to apply.