Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, paid time off, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent Care and Health Care)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
Balfour Beatty in partnership with Fluor have been awarded the $1.7B I-635 LBJ East project in Dallas. Pegasus Link Constructors is a fully integrated joint venture made up of Fluor and Balfour Beatty Infrastructure, Inc. with over 17 years of experience working together. We are looking for talented individuals to join our team. The project is a design-build construction project that will improve the capacity and operational efficiency for the portion of I-635 north and east of Dallas, from east of U.S. Highway 75 to I-30.
We are currently seeking candidates to fulfill a Survey Instrument role. This entry-level position is a hands-on field operations role that applies established procedures and techniques in the infrastructure survey discipline.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure Safety & Quality of Survey operations being done
- Create 3D Corridors & Surfaces from Design plans and field As-builts for automated machine control use
- Conducts field work for topographic, as built surveys, construction stakeout surveys and other types of surveys as needed.
- Assist the crew chief in retrieving on site information for the field survey
- Help locate and identify all relevant monumentation and improvements required to provide the necessary amount of control to establish positional tolerance.
- Help maintain and operate all vehicle, surveying instruments, computers, and any other tool designed to help produce the surveys.
- Perform Elevation Bench Runs for the purpose of providing elevation when needed on survey.
- House Keeping (vehicle & conex)
- High School diploma
- Knowledge of Trimble total stations and data collectors a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, coworkers, subcontractors and visitors
- Basic knowledge of construction survey concepts
- Design Build Survey experience a plus
- Ability to work independently, as well as, part of a team
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.