Exciting career opportunity for an HVAC Control System Technician who will be responsible for completing tasks as assigned by his/her supervisor and the project manager responsible for associated projects. These tasks include: programming, start-up, troubleshooting, commissioning and servicing of Building Automation Systems (BAS) controlling and monitoring commercial building HVAC equipment. You will receive support from the General Manager, Project Manager and other office personnel at this growing company.
- Software programming.
- Database development and backups.
- Downloading drivers & programs to controllers.
- Setting up PCs & laptops.
- HVAC equipment start-up and check out, including tuning control loops and calibrating field devices.
- Follow all standard installation procedures.
- Commission building controls system to meet project design.
- Complete start-up/commissioning forms for all projects.
- Complete project punch lists timely.
- Coordinate and document customer training.
- Mark up project drawings to document progress and changes.
- Meet project deadlines.
- Complete service calls as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC and control systems.
- Basic computer skills, using the windows operating system & MS Office suite.
- Must be able to read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Basic understanding of electrical circuits.
- Must clearly communicate in verbal and written form.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Must be able to use multi-meter and small hand tools.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Build and manage relationships with customers and contractors.
- Follow all and customer safety guidelines. Safety is a high priority for employees and customers.
- Practice and maintain company’s core values: trust, honesty, integrity, and commitment.
- Maintain high level of quality installation and customer satisfaction.
- Deal with customer conflicts in a calm professional manner.
- Communicate openly with fellow employees.
- Ask for assistance when appropriate.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Continue training and professional development.
Excellent company benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans (currently company pays vision and dental premiums and a significant portion of medical premium), company vehicle, laptop, cell phone, generous PTO and more.