We are seeking a qualified Division Controller to join our innovative team!
The Division Controller is responsible for developing, implementing and supervising all accounting and administrative functions concerning the business in accordance with corporate accounting principles, GAAP and internal controls. The position will work closely with both the Vice President/Division Manager and Corporate Controller to provide financial insight to the business, ensure accuracy of financial and statistical information, improve business processes and assist in making business decisions that align with the company’s strategic plan. The candidate will be a strategic thinker with proven tactical execution capabilities who thrives in a team and family cultured environment with highly motivated professionals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the WIP process for all projects including reporting and reconciliations
- Implement and track budgets to control spending and optimize cash flow
- Manage the accounting department and the month/quarter/year close process including financial reporting and covenant compliance
- Oversee payroll and ensure certified payroll compliance
- Plan direction and coordination of accounting operational functions, including AP, AR, Collections, AIA billing, lien releases, job costing, account reconciliation and budget analysis
- Collaborate with Project Managers and corporate accounting team with respect to cost variances
- Prepare job cost entries for estimated cost to complete reporting
- Perform cost analysis for general & administrative expenses to identify exceptions and inconsistencies
- Reconcile general ledger accounts with resolution to outstanding or missing items
- Check selections and subcontractor payment compliance items weekly
- Assist in annual audit; research issues and prepare supporting documentation
- Assist with state and local tax and licensing filings such as personal property, sales/use
- Provide oversight to the division human resource function
- Effectively train, coach and manage administration staff consisting of project billing, material sales, accounts receivable, collection, accounts payable, payroll and human resources
- Lead the maintenance of an accurate and up-to-date filing system
- Proficient with US GAAP
- Oversee training programs and identify training needs
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Competitive compensation
- The Company contributes toward the following benefits – your contributions are made on a pre-tax basis:
- Medical benefits – employees can choose a traditional PPO plan with a Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), or a high deductible health plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental benefits, including orthodontia for children
- Dependent care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Our retirement plan offers the opportunity for employees to make pre-tax and/or Roth 401(k) contributions, as well as employer profit sharing
- The Company provides the following benefits at no cost to you:
- Group term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Disability insurance, including paid sick leave, short term disability and long-term disability
- Paid vacation – pro-rated vacation is available immediately
- Paid holidays
- Four-year accounting/business degree plus five years accounting and/or business experience.
- Mature financial leader with experience leading/managing IT, Risk Management and Human Resources.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting, auditing, payroll and tax compliance.
- Advanced knowledge of business information systems.
- Computer literacy/knowledge of software products. Viewpoint preferred.
- Accounting experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Experience managing an accounting and administrative team.
- Experience working on the monthly closing process.
- Strong GAAP and tax knowledge, including payroll taxes and sales/use tax.
- Adaptability to learn our business, understand processes and recognize the needs of others when making decisions and implementing improvements.
Mathy Construction Company, established in 1945, provides quality production and placement of hot mix asphalt and construction aggregates throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We specialize in residential, recreational, and commercial projects ranging from airfields, highways and parking lots to bike baths and athletic tracks.
We are committed to the safety and wellness of our team and the greater good of our communities. To learn more about how we take care of our team members, communities, and the environment, visit us at: www.mathy.com.