U.S. Compliance is seeking a talented professional to join our growing compliance practice in our Air Permitting department in Excelsior, Minnesota. The ideal candidate will have technical expertise within the manufacturing and industrial environmental regulations, specifically within air permitting and compliance, a passion for regulatory compliance and a strong desire to interact with and present information and solutions to clients. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
As a member of our team you will work closely with facilities across North America to help them attain and maintain compliance with environmental regulations. You will be responsible for providing technical and regulatory support through site assessments, permitting actions, filing compliance reports, and developing operational plans. After navigating through our internal training program, you will become the lead contact for facilities and will travel to the locations as a representative of U.S. Compliance. We are looking for someone who will have the ability to conduct site audits, provide in-person training, and communicate to facility staff.
This full-time, salaried position is an excellent career opportunity for a professional looking to advance their career with a leading environmental consulting firm, and to make a significant impact with our clients and growing business.
- Research and assess facility operations for regulatory applicability
- Complete air quality permit applications
- Prepare compliance reports and documents for manufacturing and industrial facilities
- Maintain and manipulate data to determine emission factors and calculations
- Provide on-site visits to clients for inspections, compliance support, and regulatory training
- Support environmental departments including water quality, waste management and SARA reporting
- Collaborate with other U.S. Compliance practitioners to execute other environmental deadlines and projects
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in environmental science, engineering or related science discipline
- Minimum of four (4) years of work experience with an industrial, research, consulting or regulatory agency
- Ideal Candidate will have at least two (2) years of experience in air quality permitting and compliance
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory authorities and applicable environmental regulations
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365: Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Dynamics, Skype for Business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to make effective presentations
- Interpersonal skills and confidence for interactions with personnel at all organizational levels
- Excellent time management skills to support multiple activities on an on-going basis by given deadline
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment with a diverse workload
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible and willingness to support diverse projects as needed
- Ability to travel to client sites for routine visits (1-2x per month)
U.S. Compliance offers a team-oriented work environment with competitive salary and benefits. If you are seeking an opportunity to work in a culture of exceptionally skilled professionals who value diversity and balance and deliver creative solutions, then U.S. Compliance may be a great fit for you! We are excited to get to know you.