About Discovery Senior Living
Discovery Senior Living is a family of companies which includes: Discovery Management Group, Discovery Development Group, Discovery Design Concepts, Discovery Realty Group, Discovery Marketing Group, and Discovery At Home, a Medicare-certified home healthcare company. With almost three decades of experience, the award-winning management group has been developing, building, marketing, and operating upscale, luxury senior-living communities across the United States. With a flourishing portfolio of more than 9,500 existing home or homes under development, Discovery Senior Living has become a recognized industry leader in creating world-class, resort-style communities.
Discovery at Home is looking for a Care Giver to join our team.
The Care Giver's role includes providing hands on care and physical and emotional support to each resident while maintaining a safe and comfortable home like environment.
- Maintaining cleanliness of resident’s room and work areas
- Helping residents maintain independence, promoting dignity and physical safety of each resident
- Participating and assisting residents with activities of daily living (i.e. bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, ambulation, transferring, eating) as instructed
- Engaging residents in life skills and other life enrichment activities
- Observes, reports and documents symptoms and conditions of residents for changes in condition such as skin, behavior, alertness, weight, dietary and participation in activities.
- Notifies Private Duty Manager id a resident has increased care needs.
- Assists with continence management and disposes of all continence products properly to ensure sanitation of a resident suite and community restrooms.
- Serves and collects food trays and assists as needed; reports refusal of meals or loss of appetite.
- Practices good standard care precautions of cleanliness, hygiene and health.
- Actively participates/leads and assists residents with activities of daily living (i.e. bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, ambulation, transferring, eating) as instructed.
- Engages residents in life skills and other life enrichment activities.
- Greets and assists all internal and external customers, guests, family members, residents, vendors and team members.
- Does resident laundry as assigned and needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Private Duty Manager.
• Certified Nurse’s Aid Or HHA certification preferred
• High School diploma/GED
• Must be 18 years of age
• Previous experience working with seniors preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively with Residents, management and co-workers
• Superior customer service skills
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• Must demonstrate good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
Thank you for your interest in Discovery Senior Living careers. If you have any questions about the position you are applying for, please contact the community directly.