Modern Disposal is looking for an experienced automotive/truck technician! As a local, family-owned company we strive to provide exceptional environmental service solutions to towns, companies, neighborhoods, and families in WNY.
2nd shift position is available!
Five Great Reason to Join the Modern Family:
1) Annual safety and attendance bonuses
2) Exceptional benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company match on 401K, Paid Time Off.
3) Technical training (in house & with top fleet vendors)
4) Tool allowance, company paid uniforms, PPE & boot allowance and more
5) Growth opportunities: Sr. Technician, Lead Technician, Supervisor, Fleet Manager
Technicians are responsible for troubleshooting, repairs, major component rebuilds, and performing preventative maintenance inspections (PMI) on vehicles and equipment.
- Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
Core Competencies and Experience
- At least two year(s) of relevant work experience
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have own tools, will receive tool stipend annually.
- High school diploma or GED
For more information on Life at Modern, visit http://www.moderncorporation.com/careers/