Position: Surveyor – Heavy/Civil Construction
Reports to: Superintendent or Construction Operations Manager
Summary of Position: The Surveyor is responsible for supporting construction activities by performing the following Key Activities.
FLSA Status: Exempt/Salary (Overtime eligible)
About ASI Constructors, Inc.:
ASI Constructors, Inc. (since 1978) is an industry leader in the dam and water resource construction market, providing services worldwide. Our company is a self-performing, heavy-civil contractor that specializes in the construction and rehabilitation of dams (RCC, earthfill, and concrete), hydroelectric and renewable energy facilities, pipelines, tunnel/shaft rehabilitation, storm/sanitary sewer system improvements, and other major water resource projects. ASI is headquartered in Pueblo West, Colorado with a branch office located in Baltimore, Maryland. ASI strives to build projects safely, on time, on budget, and to satisfy our clients. ASI has successfully completed numerous award-winning heavy civil construction projects in the water resource field, including more than one-hundred dam and dam rehabilitation projects and over thirty new RCC dams. Our Company's vision and values include integrity, honesty, safety, teamwork and a passion for what we do. We hire people who thrive on tough work and challenging opportunities.
About the Duck River Reservoir Phase II Project (AL):
The Project is approximately two years in duration and consists of construction of the Dam and Raw Water Intake for the Duck River Reservoir. For more information about the project, please visit http://www.duckriver.org/.
Key Activities and Position Responsibilities:
• Prepares legal descriptions and plats of survey as necessary;
• Stakes right of way lines;
• Is responsible for performing preliminary survey work necessary for preparing plans and estimating costs for construction work;
• Functions as construction supervisor and inspector for construction projects;
• Uses surveying instruments and tools to produce layouts;
• Inspects to ensure that proper compliance with construction specifications is adhered to;
• Reviews preliminary construction plans to ensure proper quantities, dimensions, special provisions and overall completeness;
• Maintains and cultivates relationships with joint venture construction companies by preparing scope of services and pricing for new survey projects;
• Meet with field superintendents and project managers to determine and satisfy their survey requirements;
• Prepare certifications and survey information for delivery to clients;
• Field work as required;
• Other duties as necessary.
Preferred Qualifications and Training:
The ideal candidate should have a bachelor's degree in surveying or a closely related field, such as civil engineering or forestry is preferred. The candidate should meet all requirements as deemed within the state of hire, for example the requirement that the degree be earned at a school accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. The candidate should have at a minimum 4 years of apprenticeship experience working under a surveyor and 4 – 5 years of additional experience handling large scale projects. A combination of both education and experience will be evaluated.
The candidate should have considerable knowledge of the principles and practices of land surveying, including the preparation of legal descriptions and plats of survey and experience working in the surveying field in regards to heavy construction.
The candidate should have considerable knowledge of the uses of surveying instruments and equipment such as transits, levels, ranging poles, level rods, measuring tapes, EDM Total Stations and GPS Total Stations. They should also have good knowledge of the principles and practices of construction and civil engineering as they related to dam construction.
The candidate should have the ability to exercise professional judgment and discretion, write reports and routine business correspondence and effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and customers. They should also have good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, AUTOCAD, AGTEK, etc.
At ASI Constructors, Inc., we are only as good as our people. We offer outstanding benefits and rewards to recruit and retain the best professionals in our industry. When you join the ASI team, your comprehensive benefit package will include:
• Health Insurance for employees and their dependents
• Dental Insurance
• 401(K) plan with Company Matching Contributions
• Paid Time Off to include Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time (PTO)
We offer additional competitive benefits that are position and assignment dependent.
We offer a competitive salary based on experience.