We are seeking a qualified Quality Control Technician to join our innovative construction team!
A Quality Control Technician is responsible for sampling, testing and reporting results to ensure the delivery of aggregate and hot mix products that meet our customers specifications. On the job training will provide the employee the background to obtain Quality Control Technician certification from Wisconsin and/or Minnesota Department of Transportation. Certification training will be paid for by the company.
This position is full-time seasonal working May through November (weather permitting). Average work days usually last up to 14 hours, requiring overtime and working Saturdays. Travel is required for this position.
- Competitive compensation
- The Company contributes toward the following benefits – your contributions are made on a pre-tax basis:
- Medical benefits – employees can choose a traditional PPO plan with a Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), or a high deductible health plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental benefits, including orthodontia for children
- Dependent care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Our retirement plan offers the opportunity for employees to make pre-tax and/or Roth 401(k) contributions, as well as employer profit sharing
- The Company provides the following benefits at no cost to you:
- Group term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Disability insurance, including paid sick leave, short term disability and long term disability
- Paid vacation – pro-rated vacation is available immediately
- Paid holidays
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Be competent in math, computers (spreadsheet, database & email)
- Physically fit to perform the job functions including the ability to stand, squat, bend, lift, and walk for long durations
- Ability to communicate professionally and confidently both internally and externally
- Detail oriented and able to follow procedure
- Previous quality control experience preferred
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations
- Ability to listen and take direction from others
Mathy Construction Company, established in 1945, provides quality production and placement of hot mix asphalt and construction aggregates throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We specialize in residential, recreational, and commercial projects ranging from airfields, highways and parking lots to bike baths and athletic tracks.
We are committed to the safety and wellness of our team and the greater good of our communities. To learn more about how we take care of our team members, communities, and the environment, visit us at: www.mathy.com