Environmental Monitoring & Technologies, Inc. (EMT) is an environmental laboratory, providing our clients with quality testing services for over 35 years. We specialize in analysis of water, wastewater, and soils for organic and inorganic compounds, as well as conducting field sampling services for a variety of regulatory programs. In an effort to prevent hazardous substances harmful to the environment from entering fresh water sources, EMT samples flows of water, wastewater, and stormwater, for such harmful substances as lead, mercury, cyanide, and dozens of other organic and inorganic compounds.
The Groundwater Technician performs a wide variety of tasks for EMT’s clients. The technician operates various types of monitoring and sample collection equipment to collect representative samples for analysis in our laboratory.
- Communicate effectively with the Groundwater Manager, co-workers and clients to ensure tasks are completed in a manner to yield representative results.
- Document and collect accurate and defensible data.
- Preserve and transport samples to our laboratory, or elsewhere as directed.
- Must be able to travel with overnight stays.
- Perform safe handling of hazardous chemicals.
- Calibrate and diagnose problems with equipment.
- Work and navigate around rough terrain and heavy machinery in landfills or other job sites.
- Perform all other duties assigned by management.
- Follow all EMT policies without exception.
- Must be able to lift/carry heavy equipment, coolers, etc. (up to 50 lbs).
- Must be able to work in all types of varying weather conditions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be insurable by EMT’s insurance carrier to drive company vehicles.
- Due to our clients requirements for on-site access, background checks will be required.