Overall Results Expected:
The Tire Technician is responsible for the maintenance and repair of tires for the commercial fleet at Modern Disposal.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Mounts, dismounts, and balances all tire types.
- Inspects and maintains inflation of tires to prescribed PSI.
- Determines repairable tire conditions and completes those repairs.
- Maintains tire and supply inventory.
- Completes all necessary paperwork associated with repairs.
- Inspects completed repairs to ensure tires are properly replaced before returning to the fleet.
- Provides roadside assistance for breakdowns as needed.
- Maintains a clean and professional work area.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED, Associate’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience
- Must possess a valid driver license.
Demonstrated skills and abilities
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well as a team member and independently.
- Ability to work efficiently and maximize productivity.