ULC Robotics, Hauppauge, NY
ULC Robotics is a dynamic company growing at a fast pace. We are a leader in product development and engineering services for the natural gas, energy, industrial, and electric markets. We are committed to solving operations and maintenance problems while protecting the environment, reducing costs, increasing efficiency, and improving safety.
We’re a global company of thinkers, problem solvers, designers and makers.
We each play a unique role. Built on a legacy of innovation, ULC robotics is committed to leading the utility robotics revolution and has been since our start in 2001. We foster an environment which encourages the exchange of ideas and inspires change by challenging traditional thought and approaches to problem-solving.
Though we are constantly evolving to meet the complex demands of our industry, we remain dedicated to creating an impact, locally and globally, through meaningful work. We are proud of how our technology helps utilities minimize their impact on the environment and the public while lowering operating costs.
We develop new technologies today, so we can change tomorrow.
Join ULC and be at the forefront of change!
If you have a passion to protect our environment, improve safety, and increase operational efficiencies and seek new challenges, this is the job for you.
This is a unique opportunity to work with very smart and creative people utilizing state-of-the-art machinery on interesting projects in a dynamic environment. We are currently seeking a detail oriented, deadline driven Electro-Mechanical Technician who will work with our team to assemble, maintain, test, repair and troubleshoot a wide variety of our existing products. A positive, team-oriented, and proactive attitude is essential.
What does a day in the life of an Electro-Mechanical Technician look like for ULC Robotics?
You are a self-starter capable of handling a variable task load with minimal supervision. You will possess strong electrical-mechanical troubleshooting/diagnostic capabilities, including electrical control devices with significant experience with motion control and power distribution systems. You have a strong understanding of schematic drawings and circuit principles and ability to use standard electronic measurement equipment such as multi-meters and oscilloscopes to troubleshoot and repair electronic assemblies. You enjoy using a variety of machine shop tools (drill presses, milling machines, lathes) to modify parts as needed to ensure proper assembly. You enjoy your craft and are willing to continue to learn and seek assistance with unfamiliar technical difficulties to ensure scope of work is completed on time.
To be successful, you will have the following:
- HE Diploma or equivalent (any additional schooling is a plus)
- IPC-A-610 certification a plus
- 4+ years of direct electro-mechanical assembly experience required
- Extensive experience with electrical assembly, including wiring, wiring harness, connectors (crimping/soldering) and panel building
- Demonstrated experience with PCB assembly and repair using microscope assisted soldering of both SMT and TH components Experience with ARM microcontroller-based systems
- Ability to work extended hours and/or weekends when needed
- Respond to field related issues including site visits, field troubleshooting/repair support when needed
- Familiarity with hydraulic and pneumatic components and assemblies
- Knowledge of safe machine shop practices and maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Accomplish mutually agreed upon objectives in a timely and efficient manner
- Other Ad-Hoc projects/duties as assigned
Our team is motivated, dedicated and thrives on developing industry-leading products and services that can transform the way our clients work. We foster a unique work environment that inspires employees to express their ideas and work collaboratively towards finding innovative solutions to problems. We attract top talent by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of the benefits we offer our team are listed below:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 4 weeks of PTO on an annual basis (prorated on date of hire)
- Aflac Insurance programs
EOE / disability/veteran