Job Type: Full-Time
Must be Authorized to Work in the US
- South West Plumbing has served Seattle and the surrounding areas since 1975. It is a family owned and operated business. Its owners, Bill and Connie Buckingham have stressed customer service as the differentiating factor between their company and other plumbing and heating contractors. It is their goal to exceed the customer’s expectations, and to maintain a first-class operation for the benefit of their employees.
- Bill Buckingham started out on his own with one used truck, operating the business out of his home. He is proud of how far the company has come and he attributes a large share of his success to hard work, not only his own but that of the many outstanding employees he has had over the years.
- South West Plumbing is a leader in the home services field with product lines that include; Plumbing service and repair, HVAC heating and cooling products along with installation, service and repair, kitchen and bath products, service, repair and replacement, Full service sewer and waterline repair and replacement.
- We want goal oriented people, who are the best of the best. South West Plumbing offers industry leading benefits, which include Modern, well kept equipment, State of the art dispatching and communication software, extensive initial training and a vast continuing education program just to name a few.
Basic employment profile: Plumber Trainee
At South West Plumbing we provide the utmost in customer service. Our reputation for excellence precedes us on every job. Timeliness, appearance, and overall quality are the hallmarks of our company.
Occasionally we find ourselves in need of Plumbing Trainees to perform various tasks. These tasks may include digging and transporting dirt, rocks and other materials to and from jobsites. Basic plumbing tasks may include soldering, gluing, cutting and installing pipe. Also, removing and installing fixtures such as toilets, sinks, faucet, bathtubs and showers is a major function of a plumbing trainee. We also perform "pack-out" of customers property should the happen to have a flood or other problem that would require the removal of their belongings. While these are the primary jobs of a plumbing trainee, tasks such as stocking trucks, sweeping and cleaning, and assisting plumbers in the day to day needs of the job are also required.
Our requirements for Plumber Trainee are very basic, however the description may change as needed depending on the specific job requirements.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. repeatedly
- Ability to understand and speak English
- Ability to follow directions
- "Clean-cut" appearance
- No visible tattoos
- No earrings or facial piercing
- Clean and presentable "work" clothes (company provides uniforms; employee must provide black work shoes and black belt)
- Hard sole shoes or boots
- Rain Gear as needed
- Criminal background check (company provided)
- Pre employment drug screen (company provided)
- Washington Drivers License
- Ability to work day shift and evening shift or any hours as needed
- Ability to work more than 8 hours as needed
- Paid Vacation
- Trainee School
- Trainee Bonuses
- Holiday Party
- Summer Picnic
- Continuing Education Classes
- Wellness Program
- Educational Seminars
- Employee Incentive Programs
- Flex Time to Coach Kids Teams
- Smart Phone and Radio systems
- Technical Training
- Trade Certification Training
- Paid Sick and Safe Time
- Many others