Robotic Camera Technician
ULC Robotics, Hauppauge, NY
ULC Robotics is a dynamic company growing at a fast pace. We are a leader in product development and engineering services for the natural gas, energy, industrial, and electric markets. We are committed to solving operations and maintenance problems while protecting the environment, reducing costs, increasing efficiency, and improving safety.
We’re a global company of thinkers, problem solvers, designers and makers.
We each play a unique role. Built on a legacy of innovation, ULC robotics is committed to leading the utility robotics revolution and has been since our start in 2001. We foster an environment which encourages the exchange of ideas and inspires change by challenging traditional thought and approaches to problem-solving.
Though we are constantly evolving to meet the complex demands of our industry, we remain dedicated to creating an impact, locally and globally, through meaningful work. We are proud of how our technology helps utilities minimize their impact on the environment and the public while lowering operating costs.
We develop new technologies today, so we can change tomorrow.
Join ULC and be at the forefront of change!
If you have a passion to protect our environment, improve safety, and increase operational efficiencies and seek new challenges, this is the job for you.
This is a unique opportunity to work with very smart and creative people utilizing state-of-the-art machinery on interesting projects in a dynamic environment. We are currently seeking an individual to operate and maintain our gas pipe locating technology which accurately pinpoints the location of all pipeline features within a live gas main. Work is performed in a typical street excavation on various pipe sizes and pipe materials.
What does a day in the life of a Robotics Camera Technician look like for ULC Robotics?
Although ULC Robotics is based out of Long Island, NY, the position will require the chosen candidate to travel to different job locations typically in the Northeast and Midwest regions to perform this field work. Ability to travel and work non-standard days/hours as needed and on occasional short notice. You are a self-starter capable of handling a variable task load with minimal supervision. Work as a key member in a dynamic team, operate our systems in all types of natural gas pipelines and systems. Perform routine maintenance, troubleshooting and basic field repairs of all our system components as it becomes necessary. Maintain overall cleanliness and provide routine maintenance on our service vans. Represent our company at the job site by interfacing with clients during job site visits; manage client expectations. Generate field reports along with any other required documentation as needed. Ensure all camera system components are well maintained and ready to go; monitor stock of spare parts and perform daily system testing. Become an expert in the use of our equipment and our procedures. Perform electrical and mechanical repairs in the field or shop on equipment when necessary. Implement Job Safety Briefings and adhere to all safety protocol requirements. Other duties as assigned.
To be successful, you will have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A technical background – have field experience, equipment maintenance, mechanics, pneumatics, electro-mechanical, experience in gas related plumbing would be a plus
- Candidate must be hands on and mechanically and/or electrically inclined, be able to perform routine maintenance, troubleshooting and basic field repairs on any of our system components
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and pass a mandatory drug/alcohol test and personal and DOT background checks
- Candidate has knowledge of trench excavation and OSHA Regulations
- Candidate has knowledge of utility locating or mark out and CBYD Regulations
- Candidate must be able to follow strict procedures and directives
- Ability to lift 50-75 lbs
- Good communication skills, knowledge of excel / outlook / word etc
- Must be able to pass Operator Qualification Tasks through the Northeast Gas Association (NGA)
- Must be able to pass OSHA 10-hour class
- Must be able to comprehend and perform required duties after being trained
Having any of the following is a plus:
- Ability to work as part of a team outside in a street/roadwork construction environment; can lift heavy objects when necessary, is okay getting dirty, can travel to camera inspection locations and can work non-traditional hours at a moment’s notice.
- Willingness to work in varied weather conditions.
- Has knowledge, deep interest or background in robotic controls, electronics, borescopes, pan tilt camera’s, robotic crawlers, push cameras, video inspection systems, pipe inspection equipment, pipe inspections system, pipe video inspection, CCTV pipe inspection, drain camera, engineering; a relevant degree is not required but is a plus
- Having technical certifications
- Is capable of accurately completing reports outlining daily work performed on a timely basis
- Has excellent trouble shooting skills and corrective solutions
- Remains calm under pressure to accomplish the task at hand
- Any experience with gas pipelines and infrastructure is a plus
- Is capable of learning procedural protocol during the time they are being trained under an experienced lead technician
- Show a desire to learn and perform work on projects of vastly differing scopes and which require a wide variety of skill sets
Our team is motivated, dedicated and thrives on developing industry-leading products and services that can transform the way our clients work. We foster a unique work environment that inspires employees to express their ideas and work collaboratively towards finding innovative solutions to problems. We attract top talent by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of the benefits we offer our team are listed below:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 4 weeks of PTO on an annual basis (prorated on date of hire)
- Aflac Insurance programs
EOE / Disability / Veterans