Position: Project Engineer (Level II)
Reports to: Project Manager
Location: Glasgow, MT
Summary of Position: Support construction activities by implementing the following: planning, organizing and implementing those management duties, project controls systems, engineering interface, subcontract and materials management, purchasing, scheduling. Responsible for portions of project administration. May manage other technical and administrative staff members depending on size, scope and complexity of project. Bachelors degree in civil engineering or construction management and 2-5 years experience working for a contractor on heavy civil construction projects. Should have experience in financial controls and scheduling. Must be willing to relocate to job sites.
FLSA Status: Salaried/Exempt
About ASI Constructors, Inc.:
ASI Constructors, Inc. (since 1978) is an industry leader in the dam and water resource construction market, providing services worldwide. Our company is a self-performing, heavy-civil contractor that specializes in the construction and rehabilitation of dams (RCC, earthfill, and concrete), hydroelectric and renewable energy facilities, pipelines, tunnel/shaft rehabilitation, storm/sanitary sewer system improvements, and other major water resource projects. ASI is headquartered in Pueblo West, Colorado with a branch office located in Baltimore, Maryland. ASI strives to build projects safely, on time, on budget, and to satisfy our clients. ASI has successfully completed numerous award-winning heavy civil construction projects in the water resource field, including more than one-hundred dam and dam rehabilitation projects and over thirty new RCC dams. Our Company's vision and values include integrity, honesty, safety, teamwork and a passion for what we do. We hire people who thrive on tough work and challenging opportunities.
About the Fort Peck Plunge Pool Project (MT):
Fort Peck Dam on the Missouri River was subjected to severe flooding in 2011. This required operating its spillway for approximately 4 months with peak discharges more than double the previous maximum discharge since the project was constructed in 1938. The hole scoured at the downstream end of the spillway exposed much of the cutoff structure supporting the spillway chute. There is now less than 30 feet of embedment remaining of the original 70 feet. There is a valid concern that the spillway cutoff structure is undermined. The purpose of this project is to improve the stability of the existing cutoff structure by filling a significant portion of the scour hole with Roller Compacted Concrete (RCC) and installing tieback anchors through the existing left cutoff wall.
Key Activities and Position Responsibilities:
• Become thoroughly knowledgeable with the project's contract documents, drawings, specifications and scope of work.
• Develop and maintain the project master schedule using CPM techniques and appropriate scheduling software with input from other project management personnel.
• Set up and maintain the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Productivity Monitoring System, review with other project team members and supervisors.
• Manage document control, receive and log in new issue drawings and other contract documents, maintain document control log.
• Field estimating/change orders.
• Prepare monthly Project Status Report (PSR) and Cost and Revenue forecasts.
• Attend and support ASI internal planning and coordination meetings.
• Responsible for purchasing and procurement.
• Responsible for ensuring that the project quality/assurance control program is implemented successfully.
• Responsible for subcontract management.
• May act as managing project engineer/coordinator on multiple projects.
• Provide supervision, mentoring and training for lower level engineers.
• Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
• Identify workplace safety hazards and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize them.
Preferred Qualifications and Training:
Must have proven abilities and skills in the following: leadership and management of people, communication (verbal and written), planning, organization and delegation. Must set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality and productivity for his/her subordinates. Must have working knowledge of CPM scheduling, unit man-hour performance, accounts payable/accounts receivable, materials control, estimating, job cost updates, equipment management and subcontracts.
The Project Engineer requires an undergraduate degree in a construction management or engineering field, or equivalent experience and education, and a minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in heavy/civil project or field engineering.
At ASI Constructors, Inc., we are only as good as our people. We offer outstanding benefits and rewards to recruit and retain the best professionals in our industry. When you join the ASI team, your comprehensive benefit package will include:
• Health Insurance for employees and their dependents
• Dental Insurance
• 401(K) plan with Company Matching Contributions
• Living Allowance
• Bonus Program
• Paid Time Off to include Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick time (PTO)
We offer additional competitive benefits that are position and assignment dependent.
Dependent on Experience.