About Wright Tree Service:
Ranked 24 in the 2019 Top Workplaces in Iowa, Wright Tree Service is now one of the largest vegetation management contractors in the U.S. We provide vegetation management, storm restoration, and work planning services to utility companies and their communities across the country. Wright Tree Service is headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, and has more than 5,000 employees across 44 states. At Wright Tree Service, we know that our employees are the foundation of a successful business. We offer a safety focused culture with competitive pay and benefits. From entry level positions to management roles, we are committed to providing our employee owners the training and resources needed for a fulfilling career.
Payroll & Billing Specialists administer and performs operations of weekly payroll and billing, including processing time and earnings records of employees within a division(s) resulting in weekly distribution of payroll checks with the end focus resulting in weekly processing of customer invoicing and weekly submission of customer reporting.
- Review approved employment forms to determine: names, rates of pay, bargaining unit status, hours, termination, leaves of absence, and other necessary information regarding payment of wages.
- Prepare and input payroll data reflecting above the above information as well as vacations, wage assignments/garnishments, and voluntary deductions; investigating questionable entries as necessary.
- Process and prepare payroll checks for distribution to appropriate parties.
- Update employee records with amended information (ex: vacation, hours, address changes, etc.) Maintain personnel files for employees and payroll and billing records.
- Assume responsibility for all unscheduled payroll transactions, including voiding unused checks, issuing stop payment orders, issuing replacement checks, and preparing hand-drawn check for emergency leaves, termination, and late vacations. Prepare input data for reporting hand-drawn check transactions for the automatic payroll system.
- Handle various payroll adjustments (shortages, garnishments, manual computation of gross and net pay, vacation pay, bonuses, incentives, etc.) after verifying with the appropriate supervisor.
- Prepare periodic payroll related analysis, production records, and customer related billing reports.
- Is familiar with details of union and utility contracts that relate to payroll and assure employee paychecks conform to the provisions of the contract. Ensures accuracy of payroll.
- Process billing function, which includes preparation and submission of invoice to customer and/or entry into customer applications.
- Is familiar with the details of utility contracts that relate to billing and assure customer billing conforms to the provisions of the contract. Ensures accuracy of billing.
- Assist customers as needed (billing, balancing, questions, customer website entry)
- Assist other payroll department team members during vacations, and work overloads as needed.
- Assist field employees and operations as needed.
- Ability to type at least 40 words per minute
- Ability to read, assimilate, and recall with marked proficiency facts, figures, and to search for and obtain information where needed.
- Must be skilled in the use of office equipment. Microsoft Office product knowledge or the ability to obtain is necessary.
- Involves frequent contact with personnel inside and outside the organization requiring reasonable tact, discretion, professionalism and self-expression.
- Must exhibit good oral and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of all confidentiality requirements regarding employee records.
Wright Service Corp Offers:
- 'Dress for Your Day' Clothing Policy. Casual dress M-F which includes jeans!
- Competitive pay & great benefits including vacation, medical, dental, vision, education assistance, volunteer opportunities...just to name a few!
- Wellness Program & Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- 401k & ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) - A retirement plan completely funded by the company!
- Team Thursdays - An office-wide team building event that occurs throughout the year.
- Rich culture - driven by private ownership and intentional leadership
Pre-employment drug screen and a background check is a condition of employment.
To apply, please completed an application at http://www.wrighttree.com/careers and attach a physical copy of your resume.