ULC Robotics, Hauppauge, NY
ULC Robotics is a dynamic company growing at a fast pace. We are a leader in product development and engineering services for the natural gas, energy, industrial, and electric markets. We are committed to solving operations and maintenance problems while protecting the environment, reducing costs, increasing efficiency, and improving safety.
We’re a global company of thinkers, problem solvers, designers and makers. We each play a unique role. Built on a legacy of innovation, ULC robotics is committed to leading the utility robotics revolution and has been since our start in 2001. We foster an environment which encourages the exchange of ideas and inspires change by challenging traditional thought and approaches to problem-solving.
Though we are constantly evolving to meet the complex demands of our industry, we remain dedicated to creating an impact, locally and globally, through meaningful work. We are proud of how our technology helps utilities minimize their impact on the environment and the public while lowering operating costs.
We develop new technologies today, so we can change tomorrow.
Join ULC and be at the forefront of change!
If you have a passion to protect our environment, improve safety, and increase operational efficiencies and seek new challenges, this is the job for you.
We are currently seeking an experienced, hands on electro-mechanical assembly technician with machine shop skills to join our engineering staff, to work with our team to assemble, maintain, test, repair and troubleshoot our existing products and to assist with prototyping and developing new technology.
What does a day in the life of an Electro-Mechanical Technician look like for ULC Robotics?
The candidate will be a key member of our research and development staff and will include building new equipment along with troubleshooting/repairing existing field deployed systems. The ideal candidate will be capable of working in a team or be comfortable working alone. The successful candidate will be excited about building new technology and comfortable working in a hands-on environment. You will have experience with modifying parts as needed to ensure proper assembly and fabricate new prototypes and small run production systems. Be comfortable building wire harnesses, PCB’s and motor drive systems. Candidate will be responsible for accuracy and completion of work, comfortable in a deadline driven environment and able to resolve technical issues.
To be successful, you will have the following:
- Minimum of HS Diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree in relevant field preferred
- 3+ years of electro-mechanical assembly background is a must
- Working knowledge and use of milling machine, lathe and other machine shop equipment
- Electrical assembly experience including soldering both SMT, through hole components and military type connector fabrication
- Precision under microscope soldering is critical
- Ship/Receive to field-based employees as needed to support build/repair/replace processes
- Experience with electronics, circuit card assembly and wiring
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exemplary verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills essential
- Willingness to learn, self-motivation and taking pride in your work is critical
Our team is motivated, dedicated and thrives on developing industry-leading products and services that can transform the way our clients work. We foster a unique work environment that inspires employees to express their ideas and work collaboratively towards finding innovative solutions to problems. We attract top talent by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of the benefits we offer our team are listed below:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 4 weeks of PTO on an annual basis (prorated on date of hire)
- Aflac Insurance programs
- Casual dress code
EOE / disability/veteran