We are seeking a qualified Welder to join our innovative construction team!
This is a highly skilled position involving wire feed, MIG and stick welding processes. Work will be performed free from direct supervision except for more complicated jobs. Under direction, performs skilled welding in the repair, modification, and fabrication of equipment and facilities; making minor mechanical repairs on a variety of mining, crushing and heavy equipment; and performs related duties as required. Average work days usually last between 8-10 hours, and may require overtime.
- Valid CDL required with appropriate endorsements, as necessary.
- Current DOT Physical Card (a.k.a. Fed Med Card).
- Extensive previous experience operating welding equipment.
- Basic mechanical training.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to keep time and material records.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Must have currently valid welding certifications.
- Knowledge of layout according to blueprints.
- Competitive compensation
- The Company contributes toward the following benefits – your contributions are made on a pre-tax basis:
- Medical benefits – employees can choose a traditional PPO plan with a Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), or a high deductible health plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental benefits, including orthodontia for children
- Dependent care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Our retirement plan offers the opportunity for employees to make pre-tax and/or Roth 401(k) contributions, as well as employer profit sharing
- The Company provides the following benefits at no cost to you:
- Group term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Disability insurance, including paid sick leave, short term disability and long term disability
- Paid vacation - pro-rated vacation is available immediately
- Paid holidays
Mathy Construction Company, established in 1945, provides quality production and placement of hot mix asphalt and construction aggregates throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We specialize in residential, recreational, and commercial projects ranging from airfields, highways and parking lots to bike baths and athletic tracks.
We are committed to the safety and wellness of our team and the greater good of our communities. To learn more about how we take care of our team members, communities, and the environment, visit us at:www.mathy.com