We are seeking a qualified Portable Crew Construction Flagger to join our innovative construction team!
Under the direction of the foreman, flaggers will be responsible for performing traffic control duties and maintaining safe work zones, following safety rules and regulations, including monitoring signs, barricades, traffic cones and other warning devices. Flaggers must provide communication with both the traveling public and their co-workers as they relay traffic signals to ensure everyone’s safety. On the job training will provide the knowledge and skills to become a productive member of one of our crews.
This position is full-time seasonal working May through November (weather permitting). Average work days usually last up to 14 hours, requiring overtime and working Saturdays. Weekly travel and overnights are common and required for this position.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and remain attentive to traffic conditions and other factors affecting safety and production
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations
- Ability to listen and take direction from others
- Willingness to be a team player and help train less experienced employees
Benefit package is offered through the Union.
Mathy Construction Company, established in 1945, provides quality production and placement of hot mix asphalt and construction aggregates throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We specialize in residential, recreational, and commercial projects ranging from airfields, highways and parking lots to bike baths and athletic tracks.
We are committed to the safety and wellness of our team and the greater good of our communities. To learn more about how we take care of our team members, communities, and the environment, visit us at: www.mathy.com