We are seeking a qualified Portable Crew Equipment Operator to join our innovative construction team!
Under the direction of the foreman, equipment operators will be responsible for operating several types of power construction equipment in a safe and efficient manner. This equipment may include, but is not limited to, asphalt pavers, backhoes, asphalt rollers, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, and other pieces of equipment. On the job training will provide the knowledge and skills to become a productive member of one of our crews.
This position is full-time seasonal working May through November (weather permitting). Average work days usually last up to 14 hours, requiring overtime and working Saturdays. Weekly travel and overnights are common and required for this position.
Benefit package is offered through the Union.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Ability to obtain Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Previous equipment operating experience preferred
- Physically fit to perform the job functions including the ability to stand, squat, bend, lift, and walk for long durations
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations
- Ability to listen and take direction from others
- Willingness to be a team player and help train less experienced employees
Mathy Construction Company, established in 1945, provides quality production and placement of hot mix asphalt and construction aggregates throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We specialize in residential, recreational, and commercial projects ranging from airfields, highways and parking lots to bike baths and athletic tracks.
We are committed to the safety and wellness of our team and the greater good of our communities. To learn more about how we take care of our team members, communities, and the environment, visit us at: www.mathy.com