We are seeking a qualified Construction Flagger to join our team!
Under direction of the Supervisor, Flaggers will be responsible for performing traffic control duties and maintaining safe work zones, following safety rules and regulations including monitoring signs, barricades, traffic cones and other warning devices. Flaggers must provide positive communication with both the traveling public and their co-workers as they relay traffic signals to ensure everyone’s safety.
This position may also involve various manual tasks, including but not limited to the following: shoveling; raking; sweeping; mechanical assistance; lifting, pushing and pulling various object. Individuals also may clean and prepare worksites, as well as apply application. On the job training will provide the knowledge and skills to become a productive member of one of our crews.
This position is full-time seasonal, working May through November (weather permitting). Average work days can last up to 14 hours, require overtime and working weekends. You must be willing to travel. Qualified overnight stay will be compensated with per diem.
- Competitive compensation
- The Company contributes toward the following benefits - your contributions are made on a pre-tax basis:
- Medical benefits - employees can choose a traditional PPO plan with a Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), or a high deductible health plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Dental benefits, including orthodontia for children
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Our retirement plan offers the opportunity for employees to make pre-tax 401(k) and/or Roth 401(k) contributions, as well as employer match and profit sharing
- The Company provides the following benefits at no cost to you:
- Group term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Disability insurance, short term disability and long term disability
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Reliable transportation (Valid driver’s license preferred)
- Physical ability to work in extreme weather conditions and cope with temperature and other environmental extremes in a moving highway work zone
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and remain attentive to traffic conditions and other factors affecting safety and production
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations
- Willingness to be a team player and help train less experienced employees
Fahrner Asphalt Sealers, LLC has extensive career opportunities as a leader in the pavement maintenance industry. No day is the same working in a SAFE outdoor environment. We have a variety of maintenance processes, crew sizes, and equipment. Our diverse workforce travels throughout the Midwest forming strong teams and learning new skills in our ever growing industry.
Fahrner Asphalt Sealers, LLC offers competitive wages with a comprehensive benefit package. Although we are a full time seasonal employer, our benefits are year round!
There are many opportunities and support for individual growth including on the job training with quality equipment and a CDL program with access to company vehicles for training and testing. Fahrner Asphalt Sealers, LLC is committed to promoting within for advancement in leadership roles and responsibilities.
Fahrner Asphalt Sealers, LLC is dedicated to safety, quality, and production.