ColonialWebb is seeking Project Engineers to support large commercial mechanical projects throughout Central Virginia. As our Project Engineer, you will provide engineering and business support to project managers and field management, ensuring our work complies with design standards and contractual obligations.
Join ColonialWebb and pursue your engineering career with one of the largest mechanical contractor companies in the Mid-Atlantic. You'll find no better place to develop your skills and abilities, than ColonialWebb!
- This position reports to our Richmond, VA headquarters.
- Depending on your current assignment you’ll report to the office or sometimes from our site-based office operations.
- Projects are in Central Virginia.
What you’ll do:
- In collaboration with project managers and field management, you will provide engineering and business support onsite for commercial construction projects.
- Provide technical engineering information to project managers and field management as required, ensuring work performed onsite meets design and quality standards.
- Manage, develop, and submit RFI's, O&M manuals and other project documents.
- Maintain project submittal information and enter purchase orders.
- Schedule equipment and material and coordinate with vendors.
What we’re looking for:
Experience, Education, and Certifications:
- Current or previous experience working for a commercial mechanical or building construction contractor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Building Construction, or Construction Engineering Management (Degrees in Structural Engineering or Electrical Engineering are acceptable for experienced Project Engineers).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Sharp analysis, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated skills, experience and proficiency with technology, including knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel for cost and engineering functions.
- Demonstrate acumen for business to include knowledge and interest of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, accounting, cost forecasting,
- resource allocation, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to deal diplomatically with internal and external customers at various levels within an organization—i.e., owners, GC’s, subcontractors, engineers, superintendents, drafters, etc.
- Client management skills; able to manage customer relationships, perceptions and expectations.
- Production management skills; ability to visualize, plan, and execute to achieve budgeted goals.
- Knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, preferred.
- Knowledge of building materials, engineering standards, and codes preferred.
- Ability to handle a dynamic, evolving, and fast-paced workload under deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Personal and Professional Attributes:
- Initiative; self-motivated (driven), self-starter.
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Insight; ability to gather and make sense of new information.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
What we will offer you:
- Excellent compensation based on experience and qualifications.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Medical, dental, vision, and Rx drug insurance.
- Life and accidental death insurance.
- Short and Long-Term Disability insurance.
- Personal Leave, Paid Holidays, and Bereavement Leave.
- Opportunities for career growth, training, and development.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral incentives.
- Scholarship program for employees’ children.
- Discounts at major cell phone, computer, and automotive companies.
- And so much more…
ColonialWebb is one of the largest commercial, mechanical, and electrical contractors in the South Atlantic region. We proudly serve clients from local small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. For nearly 50 years, our presence is alive across Virginia, the Carolinas, DC/Maryland, and several surrounding states. We specialize in New Construction, Mechanical Service, Industrial Refrigeration, Special Projects, and Manufacturing.
We continuously seek individuals who want to invest in themselves and their teammates.
How to Apply:
Apply online at www.ColonialWebb.com/careers. EOE M/F/Disability/Vets