We are seeking a qualifeid Construction Laborer to join our innovative construction team!
Under direction of the foremen, laborers will typically work on a road crew but may work at an asphalt plant or maintenance shop. A laborer’s job function will include, but not be limited to: job layout, shoveling, raking and sweeping, along with operating small equipment such as blowers, saws, compactors and jack hammers. On the job training will provide the knowledge and skills to become a productive member of one of our crews, with the potential for advancement opportunities to become an equipment operator.
This position is full-time seasonal working May through November (weather permitting). Average work days usually last up to 14 hours, requiring overtime and working Saturdays. Travel may be required in Northcentral Wisconsin; however, workload may also require further travel under unique circumstances. Qualified overnight stay will be compensated with per diem.
Benefit package is offered through the Union.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Reliable transportation
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Ability to obtain Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), if required
- Physically fit to perform the job functions including the ability to stand, squat, bend, lift, and walk for long durations
- Previous construction or physical job experience preferred
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations
- Ability to listen and take direction from others
- Willingness to be a team player and help train less experienced employees
ABOUT THE COMPANY
American Asphalt of Wisconsin, established in 1974, provides quality production and placement of hot mix asphalt in Central and North Central Wisconsin. We specialize in construction management and pavement design for everything from high volume interstate paving to residential driveways and commercial parking lots.
We are committed to the safety and wellness of our team and the greater good of our communities. To learn more about how we take care of our team members, communities, and the environment, visit us at: www.americanasphaltofwi.com