The primary function of the Truck/Trailer Technician is to repair and maintain all fleet vehicles (Semi’s, Tandem’s, Tridem’s, various types of trailers as needed. This person would perform necessary repairs, PM’s and inspections as scheduled and/ or needed. This is a full time, year-round position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate and inspect all types of fleet equipment and components to determine needed repairs.
- Discuss equipment problems with supervisor and/or others as needed.
- Repair, replace, calibrate, adjust and/or rebuild components.
- Test repaired equipment for proper operation.
- Inspect, add and/or change fluids and lubricants; check and replace worn parts and perform other routine service and maintenance.
- Some required welding and fabrication work.
- Read equipment manuals, service bulletins and other resources; attend training sessions. Maintain and update knowledge of equipment to be serviced.
- Assist with ordering parts, materials and supplies needed for repair and maintenance.
- Record work performed, time and materials used for each job; complete timecards, and maintain related work logs and records.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools, equipment, motor vehicles and heavy equipment and perform related duties as assigned by the Equipment Manager.
- Maintain orderliness, cleanliness and safety.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment for diagnostic purposes.
- Understand and adhere to all safety regulations.
- Understand and adhere to the Personal Protection Equipment requirements.
- Understand and adhere to the Duininck Standards of Conduct.
Education and Experience:
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License preferred or the ability to obtain.
- MN DOT Certification preferred or the ability to obtain.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Effectively handle lifting of various objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Walk, bend, kneel, lift, stretch and sit.
- Be able to work extended/flexible hours out of doors in a variety of weather conditions.