Thorson Baker & Associate
Mechanical Project Manager
Dublin, OH 43017
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Thorson Baker + Associates, Inc. is a mid-size multi-discipline consulting engineering firm specializing in institutional and commercial building design throughout the United States and Puerto Rico where we help build the future. We design the buildings where we work and play, schools and universities where our children learn, healthcare facilities for our continued well being, elderly living and retirement communities for our senior citizens and the retail and entertainment complexes where we shop and enjoy our leisure. All this is with a concern for sustainability and the future of our environment. Join TBA and help us build the places where we live, learn and work in communities nationwide.
Mechanical Project Manager
Mechanical engineer capable of performing building design, managing client relationships and managing technical staff for the development of schematic, design development, construction documents, specifications and construction administration for institutional and commercial building projects.
- Mechanical design of HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems for institutional, retail and commercial building projects. Prepare calculations and well coordinated, technically sound construction documents that are cost effective, efficient and constructible.
- Manage Project Engineers, Design Engineers and CAD/BIM Technicians for building design projects including quality control of documents in a friendly work environment.
- Communicate and coordinate with architects, owners, other engineering disciplines, vendors, building officials, other consultants, etc. throughout the design phases of the building project.
- Review calculations prepared by other engineers including energy, HVAC load, building energy modeling, etc.
- Prepare opinions of probable cost and review project construction budgets for building projects.
- Must meet client schedules and internal design and construction administration time budgets.
- Office construction administration including review of shop drawings, respond to RFI’s, and coordinate with contractors, design team, building officials, owner, etc. through the construction phase of the building project.
- Must identify additional scope during the design and construction process and be capable of preparing additional service quotes for Principal review.
- Able to travel nationally for pre-design site visits, design meetings, construction phase site observations, etc. and prepare detailed technical narrative reports.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years experience in the mechanical design of HVAC, plumbing, and fire protection systems for institutional and/or commercial building systems.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Efficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Familiar with AutoCAD and Revit.
- Professional engineering license a plus.
- Capable of attending and engaging in meetings with clients, owners, contractors, etc. in a positive and productive manner.
- Possess a good work ethic and be efficient in job duties.
- Willing to work extra hours above 40 hours a week when necessary to meet project deadlines and client demands.
- Familiarity with green building design practices and/or LEED.
TBA offers a range of attractive benefits designed to enhance the compensation of our employees. Our internal management structure offers an exceptional learning environment while utilizing the latest software, hardware and today’s technologies for the engineering design industry.
- Low cost Health Care and Prescriptions
- Paid Dental
- Paid Vision
- Paid Life, AD&D
- Paid Short Term Disability
- Paid Long Term Disability
- Paid Long Term Care
- Optional Additional Life, AD&D
- Optional Family Member Long Term Care
- 401 (k) Savings Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off for Jury Duty
- Company Social Events
- Lunch and Learns
- Assistance in Obtaining PE
- Assistance in PE Continuing Education
- Assistance in Seminars
- Spacious Working Environment
- Flexible Working Hours
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.