ULC Robotics is a dynamic company growing at a fast pace. We are a leader in product development and engineering services for the natural gas, energy, industrial, and electric markets. We are committed to solving operations and maintenance problems while protecting the environment, reducing costs, increasing efficiency, and improving safety.
We’re a global company of thinkers, problem solvers, designers and makers. We each play a unique role. Built on a legacy of innovation, ULC robotics is committed to leading the utility robotics revolution and has been since our start in 2001. We foster an environment which encourages the exchange of ideas and inspires change by challenging traditional thought and approaches to problem-solving. Though we are constantly evolving to meet the complex demands of our industry, we remain dedicated to creating an impact, locally and globally, through meaningful work. We are proud of how our technology helps utilities minimize their impact on the environment and the public while lowering operating costs.
We develop new technologies today, so we can change tomorrow.
Join ULC and be at the forefront of change!
If you have a passion to protect our environment, improve safety, and increase operational efficiencies and seek new challenges, this is the job for you.Ideally, we are looking for someone with an engineering background in electrical and mechanical engineering with experience designing and integrating complex systems. You are best suited for this role if you enjoy both technical and managerial roles and are passionate about developing technology to solve problems. You are an engineer with a strong technical background seeking to take your career to the next level or an experienced project manager with a varied set of backgrounds and experiences. Someone detail-oriented with a knack for solving problems and not shy to interact with clients is ideal. You can manage a constantly changing, varied task load with minimal supervision. A team-oriented and proactive attitude is essential
What does a day in the life of a Project Manager look like for ULC Robotics?
You will collaborate with engineering teams to solve technical challenges for our clients. Review project performance for completion on time, budget and to the highest level of quality. A prospective candidate will coordinate developing customer requirements, test plans, and procedures and generate project reports, proposals and presentations. This position will be integral role in reviewing new opportunities and helping the team to plan and acquire new projects.
To be successful, you will have the following:
- BS/MS degree in appropriate Engineering disciple (Electrical, Mechanical, Robotics) required
- 5+ years of overall engineering experience required
- Direct experience leading an engineering group with a strong background in high-tech fields
- Knowledge and/or experience in one or more of the following areas: Control Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Sensors, Robotics
- Experience in more than one area of product development: prototyping, design, fabrication, integration, and testing
- Exemplary verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically
- Authorization to work in the United States- may consider sponsorship
Having any of the following is a plus:
- A Ph.D. degree related to field of Robotics
- Work and/or academic experience with robotics development
- Innovative and creative mindset and a background depicting excellence in innovation – examples would be patents, publications, and cool personal projects
- Experience writing proposals
Our team is motivated, dedicated and thrives on developing industry-leading products and services that can transform the way our clients work. We foster a unique work environment that inspires employees to express their ideas and work collaboratively towards finding innovative solutions to problems. We attract top talent by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of the benefits we offer our team are listed below:
- Medical Insurance with gym membership reimbursement
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 4 weeks of PTO on an annual basis (prorated on date of hire)
- Aflac Insurance
- Casual dress code