Kraus-Anderson offers an opportunity to make an immediate impact with an industry leader!
KA Realty’s mission is to continue to be a fully integrated commercial real estate service organization dedicated to serving our customers with a high degree of professionalism and integrity while protecting and maximizing the value of the properties entrusted to our care.
We will conduct our business in a manner which:
- Provides an environment in which tenants can prosper.
- Allows employees to grow and develop.
- Enhances the property values of our clients,
- Demonstrates concern for community and environment.
For more than a century, Kraus-Anderson has been shaping the American landscape. Founded in 1897 and privately owned and managed by the Engelsma family for over 75 years, Kraus-Anderson provides innovative, collaborative services to clients coast to coast, including commercial real estate development and management, construction, and risk management. We’re people building buildings, businesses and relationships
This position will be responsible for daily building, grounds, and equipment operations to ensure good property appearance, safety, tenant satisfaction and efficient building operations and cost control. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for a pre-assigned portfolio of properties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs repair and maintenance of buildings plumbing, electrical, windows, doors, and mechanical systems as directed.
- Takes initiative to maintain appearance and cleanliness of site and building, including vacancies.
- Notify the Property Manager, Director of Properties or Vice President of Properties when emergency situations, hazardous conditions or problems arise.
- Conduct required periodic inspection of buildings equipment, mechanical systems and overall property, submitting appropriate reports as specified and in a timely manner.
- Ensure a clean and safe work environment and operate all equipment following safe and proper procedures and safety policies.
- During colder/winter weather, remove, as directed, any snow or ice including salting and sanding as necessary to maintain safe sidewalks and drive paths.
- Daily unlock any common area doors, check condition of all door closers, locks, hinges, thresholds and glass.
- Ensure all vacancies and associated restrooms are consistently broom clean, dry, contain no stained ceiling tile and are in presentable/showable condition.
- Clean, trim, mow and maintain as required, all lawns, shrubs, planting beds, planters, hedges, trees, and flowers.
- Check all property signs (traffic control, For Lease, parking, handicap, monument, sign bands, pylon) for function and appearance. Report any problems to Property Manager.
- Inspect roof areas, drains, and sewer systems for debris and deterioration.
- Check all common area lighting and time clocks to ensure proper operation.
- For properties within assigned portfolio with rooftop HVAC units, maintain as necessary by checking belts, changing filters, lubricating and cleaning condensing coils.
- For those properties within assigned portfolio containing heating/cooling systems comprised of boilers, cooling towers, chillers, heat pumps, etc. components, some or all of the following duties and responsibilities will apply:
- Chiller operation and adjustments to include: problem diagnosis; spring start-up/fall shut-down; tube punching; cooling tower cleaning/maintenance, coil winterization/flushing/bleeding; pump strainer cleaning, controls adjustment/repair to include flow switch replacement, thermometer, gage ball valve replacement, pressure controller adjustment.
- Heat pump/high pressure refrigeration service to include filter changes; coil cleaning, condensate drain service, problem diagnosis, contractor coordination.
- Closed loop glycol system to include dry cooler coil cleaning, system pressure controller adjustment, pump/coupling repair, glycol concentration/dilution testing and monitoring, leak detection/repair and contractor supervision.
- Tenant comfort assurance to include thermostat calibration, air balancing, VAV box servicing to include monitor/squirrel cage replacement, air velocity control adjustment, control component replacement, electrical heat coil repair/replacement, pneumatic control repair, building automation system to include E.M.S. systems program operation.
- Water treatment chemical testing to include corrosion inhibitor, biocide level monitoring, injection pump/pump controller repair, conductivity sensor cleaning, closed loop chemical application.
- Exhaust systems to include toilet, electrical, garage, elevator machine room.
- Maintain and operate heating boiler system, maintaining circulating pumps and core loop.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Vo-Tech or special education courses in maintenance of heating and cooling equipment, electrical systems, and plumbing, troubleshooting, and general property/building maintenance preferred.
- Three or more years’ experience preferred operating and maintaining rooftop units, exhaust systems, make-up air systems and other HVAC-related equipment.
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire life safety and security equipment systems.
- Completes all work/maintenance needs on a timely basis and has ability to prioritize needs.
- Provide quick response to emergency after-hours calls as necessary.
- Maintains effective working relationship and communication with Property Managers, tenants
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Ability to possess and maintain exceptional work ethic as well as uphold company values and demand the highest standard of conduct from self and others
- Valid Driver's License and ability to maintain a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Record.
- Have and maintain a boiler’s license
- Maintain a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration/Department of Transportation Medical Card.
- Must have vehicle to commute and occasionally transport equipment/supplies to each property.
- Able to work evenings and weekends and to respond to emergencies when required.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in a variety of outdoor and indoor environments including tenant spaces.
- May be exposed to cold, wet, hot or humid conditions.
- While performing job duties, may be frequently required to stand, walk, use hands/fingers, handle or feel objects, use tools and controls, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear/listen.
- Able to frequently lift 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.
We offer a challenging, rewarding, and supportive environment where employees are positioned to make a positive impact on our business, our communities, and their own future.
We believe in building leaders. KA offers a wide range of enrichment and professional growth opportunities through KA University and community service opportunities through our KA Has Heart Volunteer Program.
KA offers full time employees (30+ hours) a significant Total Rewards package, including
- Medical insurance Plan Options
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) plan
- Company sponsored Life Insurance & Disability
- Time Off including vacation, sick and holiday pay
Along with our employer sponsored plans, we also offer an array of Voluntary Benefits and other perks.
Make A Positive Impact