About Wright Service Corp:
Ranked 24 in the 2019 Top Workplaces in Iowa, Wright Service Corp. is a prominent leader in several environmental services industries, as the parent company to Wright Tree Service, Wright Outdoor Solutions, CNUC, Terra Spectrum Technologies, Sustainable Environmental Consultants, Wright Tree Service of the West, Spectrum Resource Group, Arborcare and Verdure Elements.
Together as a family of companies, Wright Service Corp. provides integrated vegetation management, technology solutions, consulting and operations, commercial environmental products, and residential and commercial landscaping, tree care, and other outdoor services.
- Work closely with the other Risk Department members to ensure development and compliance of the company Safety, Education and Training Programs.
- Support and Lead projects by risk level category, to meet goals and project timelines.
- Collaborate on weekly and monthly meetings, and reports.
- Monitor compliance performance, progress, and recommend corrective actions.
- Assist team members of the Risk Department charged with Root Cause investigation of incidents with subsequent written detailed reports.
- Create and/or modify training materials (PowerPoints, Tailgates, Handouts, etc.) and facilitate trainings and meetings.
- Conduct field Inspections and/or audits of employees and equipment to ensure proper training of all safety policies and procedures to support a culture of safe work within all Wright Service Corp family of companies.
- Ensure the family of companies are OSHA, DOT and ANSI Compliant.
- Ability to accurately and fairly evaluate employees on all written safety manuals and materials, including but not limited to the Foreman’s Manual and Employee Handbook.
- Stay engaged with workforce by making regular crew visits usually with safety personnel.
- Set a good example and promote the Wright Service Corp. safety culture.
- Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a Safety related position identifying and updating Safety related documentation.
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA, ANSI and EPA preferred
- Possess average claims investigation skills. Intermediate/Advanced knowledge and experience using Microsoft’s Suite of Office Products.
- Focused on Time Management/Timely completion of task.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Ability to travel as needed, sometimes without advance notice (up to 25%).
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal skills as well as strong presentation skills.
Additional Qualifications Desired:
- Certification in a recognized safety program such as ASP, OSHT, OSHA Certified Trainer or Advanced Safety Certificate.
- OSHA 30-hour Construction or General Industry.
- CPR and First Aid certified.
- Ability to obtain TCIA Certified Tree Care Safety Professional (CTSP).
- Participation in industry organizations and governing bodies relating to vegetation management.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish).
Wright Service Corp Offers:
- 'Dress for Your Day' Clothing Policy. Casual dress M-F which includes jeans!
- Competitive pay & great benefits including vacation, medical, dental, vision, education assistance, volunteer opportunities...just to name a few!
- Wellness Program & Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- 401k & ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) - a retirement plan completely funded by the company!
- Team Thursdays - an office-wide team building event that occurs throughout the year.
- Rich culture - driven by private ownership and intentional leadership
Pre-employment drug screen and a background check is a condition of employment.
To apply, please completed an application at http://www.wrighttree.com/careers/and attach a physical copy of your resume.