ULC Robotics, Hauppauge, NY
ULC Robotics is a dynamic company growing at a fast pace. We are a leader in product development and engineering services for the natural gas, energy, industrial, and electric markets. We are committed to solving operations and maintenance problems while protecting the environment, reducing costs, increasing efficiency, and improving safety.
We’re a global company of thinkers, problem solvers, designers and makers. We each play a unique role. Built on a legacy of innovation, ULC robotics is committed to leading the utility robotics revolution and has been since our start in 2001. We foster an environment which encourages the exchange of ideas and inspires change by challenging traditional thought and approaches to problem-solving.
Though we are constantly evolving to meet the complex demands of our industry, we remain dedicated to creating an impact, locally and globally, through meaningful work. We are proud of how our technology helps utilities minimize their impact on the environment and the public while lowering operating costs.
We develop new technologies today, so we can change tomorrow.
Join ULC and be at the forefront of change!
If you have a passion to protect our environment, improve safety, and increase operational efficiencies and seek new challenges, this is the job for you.
This is a unique opportunity to work with very smart and creative people on interesting projects in a dynamic environment. We are currently seeking a detail oriented, proficient Quality Control/Test Engineer to assist in the design and implementation of quality control and performance test procedures. These procedures will ensure that the required level of quality is maintained during development and manufacturing to guarantee the production of reliable robotic systems.
What does a day in the life of a QC/Test Engineer look like for ULC Robotics?
You are a self-starter capable of handling a diverse task load with minimal supervision. The ideal candidate is ready to take on new and interesting challenges daily, has a positive and proactive attitude, and enjoys working in a team environment.
To be successful, you will have the following:
- Demonstrated expertise developing complex automated testing procedures
- Proficient at writing test programs in C, C++, C#, or Python
- Familiarity with automated test equipment platforms such as National Instruments
- Thorough understanding of BIST and DFT methodologies
- Adept at reading electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
- Experience with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, DMMs, supplies, PLCs…etc.
- Capacity to provide accurate estimates of testing resource requirements
- Possess strong communication skills and strong technical writing ability
- Ability to operate as part of a team with other engineers and scientists
- Willingness to work closely with our management team to ensure projects are performed on time, on budget, and at the highest level of quality
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Other Ad-Hoc projects/duties as assigned
The ideal candidate:
- BS/MS in Science or Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience
- Strong understanding of robotics and/or motion control systems
- Working knowledge of wireless communication and machine vision systems
- Ability to design electro-mechanical test fixtures
- Experience interfacing with outside testing laboratories
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- A self-starter capable of handling a variable task load under minimal supervision
- Capable of travelling (minor domestic and international travel may be necessary)
Our team is motivated, dedicated and thrives on developing industry-leading products and services that can transform the way our clients work. We foster a unique work environment that inspires employees to express their ideas and work collaboratively towards finding innovative solutions to problems. We attract top talent by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of the benefits we offer our team are listed below:
- Competitive pay with potential bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 4 weeks of PTO on an annual basis (prorated on date of hire)
- Aflac Insurance programs
- Casual dress code
- Health Plan with gym membership reimbursements
EOE / Disability/Veteran