About Wright Service Corp:
Wright Service Corp. (WSC) is a prominent leader in several environmental services industries, as the parent company to Wright Tree Service, Wright Outdoor Solutions, CNUC, Terra Spectrum Technologies, Sustainable Environmental Consultants and Wright Tree Service of the West. Wright Service Corp. has been employee owned since 2002 and headquartered in Central Iowa since 1933, when Wright Tree Service was founded by John L. Wright. Together as a family of companies, Wright Service Corp. provides integrated vegetation management, technology solutions, consulting and operations, commercial environmental products, and residential and commercial landscaping, tree care, and other outdoor services.
From entry-level positions to management roles, WSC is committed to providing our employee-owners the training and resources needed for a fulfilling career. As our company continues to grow, new opportunities are available. WSC is currently seeking a Director of Risk Management to join our team in West Des Moines, IA!
- Creates an environment of risk awareness and promotes risk reduction for Wright Service Corp. family of companies.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements the risk management plan, goals and objectives.
- Implements corporate risk reduction strategies.
- Determines how to effectively minimize identified risks and develops procedures that can be implemented with stakeholders of the various companies.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of risk management activities.
- Work closely with WSC legal team, CFO and Insurance broker to determine appropriate risk transfer strategies and necessary insurance coverages for WSC.
- Manages the department of risk management and supporting staff.
- Develops and maintains departmental budget.
- Appropriate adjudication of workers’ compensation, general and auto liability claims.
- Analyzes the frequency & causes of general categories and specific types of adverse incidents and coordinates with the executive team.
- Oversite of the incident reporting system and submission of incidents to the various insurance carriers for insured lines of coverage.
- Ensures confidential, detailed investigative reports are completed.
- Oversite of all incident documents and evidence items are kept in a safe and secure manner.
- Directs loss control and prevention activities based on an analysis of loss and incident data.
- Designs and implements risk assessments, surveys, and studies in order to identify opportunities for system improvement and reduction of risk and losses.
- By use of statistical trending loss data, analyzes patterns, accumulates and identifies cost data to calculate Total Cost of Risk to the organization. Presents results and recommendations to the management team.
- Provides risk management consultation for specific issues and cases.
- Collaborates with various departments regarding the business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Provides support of merger/acquisition activities, provide a review for safety programs, engage in a review of related documents, and lead the integration of risk management standards.
- Establishes and owns records management and document retention standards as it relates to regulatory compliance. (i.e. OSHA, DOT, State Pesticide laws, etc.)
- Monitors regulatory environment for potential changes and, with management, devise and implement strategies to comply with the changes in an orderly and timely manner.
- Ensures proper changes to policies or procedures are made and implemented and follow-up to ensure all changes are working as intended.
- Maintains comprehensive and up to date knowledge of regulations related to assigned job.
- Develops and releases annual and new hire risk management training as well as individualized and small group training as needed.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Business Administration, Finance, Occupational Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Sciences or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- RIMS – Certified Risk Management Professional is preferred.
- Experience in contractual risk transfer strategies
- Understanding of Insurance and purchasing strategies.
- Related Credentials – ARM, CPUC, CLU, ASP, CSP, CHST, CTSP, OSHA, MSHA or others are preferred.
- Familiarity with OSHA 1926, OSHA 1910, MSHA and DOT with the ability to interpret standards.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (training/presentations/report writing).
- Strong organizational skills and tendencies; the ability to work on multiple tasks and projects concurrently; extremely detail oriented.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with customers, other safety professionals, MSHA/OSHA inspectors, etc. in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel with short notice, amount dependent on business needs.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Wright Service Corp. Offers:
- 'Dress for Your Day' Clothing Policy. Casual dress M-F which includes jeans!
- Competitive pay & great benefits including vacation, medical, dental, vision, education assistance, volunteer opportunities...just to name a few!
- Wellness Program & Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- 401k & ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) - a retirement plan completely funded by the company!
- Team Thursdays - an office-wide team building event that occurs throughout the year.
- Rich culture - driven by private ownership and intentional leadership
A pre-employment drug screen and background check are a condition of employment.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.wrighttree.com/careers/ and submit an application.