Certification as an above water and underwater bridge inspector or qualified inspection team leader required. Willingness to work around traffic, at heights and around water is required. Climbing certification beneficial. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. Most work is located in Florida but some travel throughout the US is possible. All qualified Team Leader candidates considered. Candidates that possess experience with design and rehabilitation of bridges and other highway-related structures are also encouraged to apply.


  • Perform above water and underwater field inspections of bridges, dams and ancillary structures and complete report documentation of those inspections.
  • Coordinate with department supervisor, project manager and project engineers concerning deficiencies on the structure for appropriate action.
  • Compile information needed for preliminary and final report preparation in order to ensure quality and conformance to standards, including addressing review comments from Department of Transportation or other governmental and regulatory agencies.

The individual must have excellent computer skills, good understanding of inspection codes, and standards. Field time away from office is estimated at approximately 60% while remaining 40% is office time. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to swim, climb, and negotiate work areas fully equipped with appropriate gear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at a construction work site or similar type environment. Candidates with engineering background may also participate in engineering assignments such as performing load rating analysis and assisting in the design of various types of highway and pedestrian bridges and other structures.  


  • Health/dental/vision insurance offering affordable plans with flexible coverage options
  • Term life insurance
  • Voluntary additional life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment [AD&D] insurance
  • Short-term and long-term disability


  • Opportunity to improve your public speaking, communication, and leadership skills through on-site Toastmasters International meetings
  • Paid membership dues to professional organizations
  • Paid licensing exam/prep course for professional certification
  • Encourage/reimburse for professional registrations and certifications

Work Life Balance:

  • Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
  • Paid holidays [including two floating holidays]
  • Flexible work schedules
  • Telecommuting
  • Employee Assistance Program offering 24/7 support, resources, and legal guidance


  • Encouraged (not required) employee participation in our wellness program, providing an opportunity to qualify for HSA contributions
  • Sit/stand workstations [where applicable]


  • Flexible spending plans and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
  • 401(k) with company match
  • Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)


  • Peer recognition program and mentor programs
  • Young Professionals [YP] networking group
  • Sporting events, dragon boat races, annual parties, summer picnics, and more!

Please note, benefits vary depending on job status.

Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, People with Disabilities

Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process, contact Human Resources at
Phone: (715)-831-7511
Email: careers@ayresassociates.com

Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
California Privacy Rights Act Employer.  

If you want to view the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal poster, please choose your language: EnglishSpanishArabic - Chinese


If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English