Assists the Technical Coordinator in the review and processing of project construction submittals across all disciplines and offices. Ensures completeness and correctness of project submittals while reviewing for compliance with project specifications and contract requirements. Reviews and processes Request For Design Clarifications (RFDC) and Requests For Information (RFI) and other office engineering activities at the direction of the Technical Coordinator.
- Reviews construction submittal packages prepared by procurement and site staff to confirm compliance with contract documents.
- Works collaboratively and interfaces with procurement staff to resolve issues with nonconforming submittal packages.
- Interfaces with Technical Coordinator and procurement staff to track and ensure timely submittal (and resubmittal) of construction submittals to maintain project schedule.
- Assists Technical Coordinator in resolution of AE and or Owner comments on reviewed submittal packages.
- Assists Technical Coordinator in review and resolution of RFDC and RFI issues.
- Assists Technical Coordinator with tracking and processing of change orders, RFP's, and REA's.
- Interfaces with Administrative Assistant to ensure current updates to the office set of contract drawings and specifications, both hard copy and electronic. Include all issued RFDC's, ASI's, and RFI's as well as major redline information. Maintain the master drawing revision log and notify project personnel when documents have been updated.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Education/Experience: Minimum high school diploma/GED and four years' experience in the construction industry required. Four-year degree in engineering, construction, architecture or management preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, etc.: Current clearance, or the ability to obtain, a Department of Defense minimum secret security clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Strong written and verbal communication skills. Requires excellent technical and time management skills. Strong client relations skills are a must. Ability to develop a working knowledge of all applicable Caddell processes and procedures. Ability to communicate and work with multinational and multi-disciplined employees. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to use Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
Caddell Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer veterans, disability, and other protected classes under applicable laws and regulations.