Position: Hydraulic Rock Drill Operator
Reports to: Superintendent or Foreman
Summary of Position: The Drill Operator’s prime responsibility is to support ASI’s construction operations by performing the following Key Activities.
FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
About ASI Constructors, Inc.:
ASI Constructors, Inc. (since 1978) is an industry leader in the dam and water resource construction market, providing services worldwide. Our company is a self-performing, heavy-civil contractor that specializes in the construction and rehabilitation of dams (RCC, earthfill, and concrete), hydroelectric and renewable energy facilities, pipelines, tunnel/shaft rehabilitation, storm/sanitary sewer system improvements, and other major water resource projects. ASI is headquartered in Pueblo West, Colorado with a branch office located in Baltimore, Maryland. ASI strives to build projects safely, on time, on budget, and to satisfy our clients. ASI has successfully completed numerous award-winning heavy civil construction projects in the water resource field, including more than one-hundred dam and dam rehabilitation projects and over thirty new RCC dams. Our Company's vision and values include integrity, honesty, safety, teamwork and a passion for what we do. We hire people who thrive on tough work and challenging opportunities.
Key Activities and Position Responsibilities:
• Operate rock breaking equipment/hydraulic rock breaking and mechanically controlled mobile equipment.
• Lift and/or transport materials to and from storage or processing areas for feeding of conveyors, hoppers, chutes, and loading trucks and/or rail cars
• Perform routine maintenance such as lubricating, fueling, and cleaning
• Ensure efficient and safe component operation
• Assist other workers as needed
• Perform other tasks as assigned by plant manager or supervisor
• Comply with all Safety, Health, Environmental and other Company policies, procedures and requirements
• Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Training:
The Drill Operator should have at least 5 years of relevant experience in the field and must be able to pass a background check as well as pre-hire and random drug screens. Strong mechanical skills preferred. Must have the ability to read technical manuals and understand schematic diagrams.
At ASI Constructors, Inc., we are only as good as our people. We offer outstanding benefits and rewards to recruit and retain the best professionals in our industry. When you join the ASI team, your comprehensive benefit package will include:
• Health Insurance for employees and their dependents
• Dental Insurance
• 401(K) plan with Company Matching Contributions
• Eligible hourly employees are paid a bonus in lieu of PTO, please refer to the Employee Manual for details.
We offer additional competitive benefits that are position and assignment dependent.
Dependent on Experience.