LEHMAN-ROBERTS COMPANY - A PROUD TRADITION SINCE 1939
Our history goes back to 1939 when W. E. Lehman and George B. Roberts bought the Mississippi and Memphis operations of Carey-Reed Company, a company started by Mr. Roberts’ brother in law in 1907. The new Lehman-Roberts Company located their first asphalt plant and office on Front Street in downtown Memphis. Our history goes back to 1939 when W. E. Lehman and George B. Roberts bought the Mississippi and Memphis operations of Carey-Reed Company, a company started by Mr. Roberts’ brother in law in 1907. The new Lehman-Roberts Company located their first asphalt plant and office on Front Street in downtown Memphis. The headquarters moved to the 1111 Wilson street address in 1943 and remained there until its recent move to 670 S. Cooper in September 2019. In 1971, the company became affiliated with Memphis Stone and Gravel Company through common ownership.
Still a family owned business, Patrick Nelson leads as President in our dedication to the manufacturing of quality hot mix asphalt and the superior placement of that pavement. Anchoring our company's efforts are the core values of stewardship, humility, continuous improvement and relationships. With manufacturing facilities throughout West Tennessee and North Mississippi, Lehman-Roberts Company specializes in construction projects ranging from commercial parking lots to miles of interstate highway paving throughout the Mid-South.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Asphalt Plant Front-End Loader Operator
$16- $18 an hour
Front-End Loader Operator’s primary function is to operate all sizes of loaders assisting with all aspect of the plant operation. The position is also extended to provide assistance to the labor crew and basic equipment maintenance. The job is performed outdoors with exposure to all weather conditions and extreme temperatures.
- Learn and exhibit company core values, resulting in a cooperative, positive and supportive attitude.
- Properly follow all company policies as spelled out in the Employee Handbook.
- Properly follow all OSHA regulations and company Safety Program requirements to ensure safe working procedures and a safe working environment.
- Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to policies and procedures
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required
- Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored
- Advise the supervisor/shop of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Participate in routine maintenance
- Maintain inventory
- Climb in and out, on and off equipment
- Repetitive shoveling/raking/sweeping material
- Lifting a variety of heavy objects on and off equipment
- Work harmoniously, cooperatively and courteously with others at all times.
- Adhere to all Company Safety Policies.
- Perform regular maintenance on asphalt plant and field operations equipment, including climbing ladders and working at heights up to 100 feet as well as carrying objects up to 75 lbs. for approximately 20 feet.
- Must be capable of fast-paced feeding of aggregates into bins and pushing up materials.
- Perform any additional work deemed necessary by the Supervisor/Foreman
- Learn and consistently follow all safety regulations as defined by the Lehman-Roberts Company Safety Director.
- Obey instructions from crew foremen, leaders, managers, state DOT inspectors, auditors and officials.
- Follow directions of foreman as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific job site. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work collaboratively as a team with foreman, fellow crew members and management.
- Must understand SAFETY and be committed:
- To the health and safety of all employees, subcontractors, customers, and the community;
- To promoting a comprehensive safety culture;
- To individual accountability for following our safety standards; and
- To actively support and participate in a zero accident environment.
- Must be committed to learning the meaning of the company CORE VALUES, as well as their application to the specific, daily duties of the job:
- Humility – freedom from arrogance with a genuine respect for others and their perspectives.
- Relationships – giving priority to people and teamwork over processes.
- Stewardship – taking personal responsibility for the proper care and sharing of company assets.
- Continuous Improvement – committed to being open-minded, growing and learning.
- Must learn the principles of TOTAL PROCESS RELIABILITY (TPR) and implement them into the daily work routine, in order to contribute to maximum equipment reliability, increased production and reduced maintenance costs.
- Must be able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as needed at various times throughout the year.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Minimum of 2-Years of experience operating a front-end loader.
Must have working knowledge of basic equipment maintenance
Lehman-Roberts Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer