Under general direction, performs semi-skilled and skilled work in the operation, maintenance, and repair of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems; and does related work as required.
Performs a wide variety of maintenance and repair tasks in the operation of heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, and ventilating systems in buildings; repairs and maintains thermostats, air filters, blower fans, belts, and bearings; troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs various makes and models of HVAC equipment.
- Residential HVAC Technicians must have good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow blueprints and understand technical instructions.
- Solid communication skills.
- Three years of journey-level experience operating, maintaining, and repairing HVAC equipment including experience operating, maintaining, and repairing ventilating and air conditioning equipment.
- A combination of training, education, and experience that is equivalent to the employment standard listed above and that provides the required knowledge, abilities, and universal EPA License.
- Possession of a valid Massachusetts Driver’s License at time of appointment.
- Knowledge of methods, tools, and equipment used in the repair of heating and air conditioning equipment in residential and light commercial buildings.
- The operating principles of heating, air conditioning, and work safety practices related to HVAC work.
- Ability to recognize and locate conditions which require repair and maintenance work; keep records.
- Ability to explain technical information to clients.
- Able to work independently
- Effectively use a computer, and knowledge of applicable software.