L V R Energy & Mechanical
Atlanta, GA 30319
We are an equal opportunity employer.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Project Manager and Site Superintendent the Carpenter Foreman directs employees, materials suppliers, inspectors and craftsmen of a specific project (or number of projects). The Carpenter Foreman is the production manager of the tradesmen. The Carpenter Foreman organizes the work and coordinates the various aspects of the tradesmen and apprentices to insure that the project(s) is/are properly constructed per the project documents on-time and within the given budget. This position reports to the assigned Director of Field Services.
- Reads and interprets plans and specifications.
- Consults with Company Project Managers and Site Supervision on design problems and details.
- Estimates materials, equipment and laborers needed for construction in cooperation with others.
- Evaluates alternate methods of construction for cost efficiency and quality.
- Establishes standard operation procedures for constructing individual aspects of the project based on experience and knowledge.
- Trains, coordinates, manage and evaluate assigned laborers.
- Organizes company’s work force and assigns work.
- Establishes and prioritizes work flow in conjunction with the project schedule under the direction of the Site Superintendent.
- Understands basic concepts and methods used by subcontractors.
- Motivates subordinates and others to top performance.
- Instructs and trains employees and others in approved methods of construction.
- Leads fellow employees by example.
- Delegates responsibilities to subordinates and is responsible for their performance when appropriate.
- Responsible for enforcing company safety policies.
- Responsible for enforcing company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Implements and supervises quality control standards.
- Track, inspect, and verify quantity and quality of materials and supplies.
- Acts as a liaison between tradesmen and management.
- Communicates plans and wishes of management to employees and subordinates.
- Solves problems and, when necessary, works with employees to complete required tasks.
- Makes quick, accurate decisions and takes responsibility for decisions.
- Notifies Site Supervision and Project Management in advance to assure materials are delivered in a timely manner to be used by tradesmen.
- Is responsible for daily/weekly job reports, safety reports, production reports, time cards and other records.
- Develops and establishes checklist for quality and safety inspections.
- Plans and attends meetings related to the project(s).
- Determines and communicates alternative work assignments with employees and Project Management on inclimate days.
- Is responsible for scheduling, receiving, returning, maintenance and care of company equipment.
- Evaluates and communicates evaluations of employees to both employees and the company officers.
- Tracks time and material on approved T&M change orders.
- Coordinates work with others and keeps management informed as to progress.
- Integrates all these tasks into an organized, controlled, smooth flowing system.
- Organizational ability.
- Dependability and loyalty
- “Can do” attitude/results oriented.
- Maintains a clean cut and trimmed professional appearance.
- Always dresses appropriately. (No cut, torn or excessively worn clothing)
- Dedication to his/her job.
- Above average mathematical ability.
- Extensive knowledge of construction practices and procedures.
- Above average knowledge of surveying and site layout.
- Basic knowledge of construction engineering.
- Blueprint and specification reading ability.
- Understanding of safety regulations and safe work practices.
- Good understanding of different scheduling methods.
- Ability to direct and motivate others.
- Ability to cooperate with others.
- Knowledge of applicable zoning, building, electrical and mechanical codes and ordinances.
- Knowledge of personnel management.
- Knowledge of cost control principles.
- Knowledge of quality controls.
- Supervisory techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of construction materials
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO TRADEJOBS@LVIUSA.COM
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.