The Grant Accountant performs a variety of accounting duties related to the financial activity of State and Federal grants. Duties include budgeting, billing and reporting this activity for multiple funding sources. This position is also responsible for other compliance and general ledger duties, including the application of the general ledger as it applies to fund accounting in a non‐profit environment. This is a professional financial position that requires a general knowledge of accounting principles.
- Position Hours: will be flexible
- 20 hours a week hourly position
- Location: This position will be based out of Davenport
COVID-19 Precautions: Employees & Clients health and wellbeing are at the upmost importance here at Family Resources. We follow recommended CDC guidelines by social distancing, temperature checks and COVID-19 screenings, frequent hand washing, disinfecting and sanitizing procedures in place and the requirement of wearing of facial coverings provided and required plus addition PPE available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for operation of grant accounting functions, including review and preparation of budgets and amendments, preparation of grant reports and financial documentation maintenance.
- Assist in monitoring of compliance with grant contracts and government guidelines.
- Comprehend current grant reporting procedures while working to maximize reporting efficiency.
- Prepare and distribute financial and cost reports to several funding sources, as well as internal directors.
- Review financial transactions and accounting for grant disbursements to ensure compliance with federal and state accounting and procurement standards
- Coordinate payroll administration and allocate payroll expenses to various funding sources and programs
- Prepare analytical reports of various projects and expense tracking to ensure proper allocation of project disbursements to various grants and internal funding resources
- Prepare and submit grant funding reimbursement requests to outside funders providing proper documentation to ensure prompt payment
- Assist the Controller with miscellaneous projects as they arise. These projects may consist of, but are not limited to, budget preparation and analysis, month end internal financial reporting, and monthly account reconciliations.
- Monitor and track outstanding accounts receivable and reimbursements from grant funders
- Conduct month‐end balancing of various accounts and prepare journal entries and account adjustments
- Prepare standard and custom reports and conduct various detailed financial analysis on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for management, the Board of Directors and outside funding agencies.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and financial procedures
- Assist with the annual year‐end audit process and provide outside auditors with documentation and analyses in response to requests for financial information
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
Associates Degree or equivalent is required, Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. Working knowledge of fund accounting principles pertinent to non-profit and governmental accounting is preferred. Previous federal and state grant experience is desired, preferably in the non-profit industry. Extensive Experience with PC-based accounting software programs and Microsoft Office is required.
Must have current proof of car insurance, able to pass driving background check and have reliable transportation.
Bilingual and/or bi-cultural applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
About Family Resources
At Family Resources, we believe in strengthening children, families, and individuals in our community - it's the passion that permeates everything we do. Family Resources has grown to become one of the state's largest agencies devoted to child welfare, juvenile justice, mental health, and survivor services. We recognize that these children, families, and individuals come to us from a variety of circumstances, which makes it important for us to reach them where they are right now.
Family Resources offers a comprehensive benefits package, excellent wages, and opportunities for growth & advancement!
Equal Opportunity Employer that thrives on Diversity!