Nashville Machine Service
Senior Service Technician
Memphis, TN 38103
We are an equal opportunity employer.
This job is located in Nashville TN, Nashville Machine is one of Tennessee's most widely respected companies, offering mechanical contracting, machine shop services, elevator services, and building systems service. We have been part of the Nashville community for the last 110 years and are constantly evolving with the times. Read about our history in the Nashville Business Journal here: Nashville Machine weathers ups and downs. Our success is a reflection of the team we employ. We encourage our team to be the best that our industry and community has to offer. This is achieved through providing our staff with the tools, training, and mentoring that they need to be successful. We are a team, not just a company. We believe that in order to create an environment of teamwork that accountability must be at the forefront of our plan.
Why choose Nashville Machine?
- $37.50 an hour!!!!
- As an union employee, 100% of Healthcare Insurance is covered by the employer
- Short term, long term and other (Cancer) insurance is available through the union at reduced cost to the union member and family.
- As an union employee, a pension program is provided, and funded 100% by the employer, this program vests at 5 years of service
- The current rate of contribution is $8.25/hr.
- Holidays are paid after 1 year of service, these include: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Union employees may take advantage of training and certifications provided by the Local at no charge to them
- Factory schools and other training/forums/seminars that the employee is requested to attend are 100% paid, including time going and coming, and time in school.
- Company provide
- Cell phone
- Company Vehicle – including fuel and maintenance
We are on the hunt for a goal driven and self-motivated Senior Service Technician. The Senior Service Technician is the “go to person” for the Journeymen Technicians in the service department. This person has exceptional skill in troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining all the components of the HVAC systems in various types of facilities.
- The physical ability to stand and or walk frequently.
- The physical ability to drive vehicles for up to 4 hours per day.
- The physical ability to climb on a ladder or scaffolding to heights in excess of 10’, balance, and work above the shoulder frequently.
- The physical ability to climb multiple flights of stairs.
- The physical ability to move 50 pounds of weight up multiple flights of stairs. This may include use of equipment to facilitate this movement.
- The physical ability to bend, stoop, kneed, crouch, and squat in order to operate and maintain the HVAC/Refrigeration systems.
- The physical ability to use both hands for frequent grasping and occasional fine manipulation and fingering.
- The physical ability to frequently lift up to 50 pounds of weight from the floor to above the shoulders. This includes but is not limited to the following items: tools, toolboxes, tool bags, ladders, filters, motors, refrigeration tanks, and equipment. Weights in excess of 50 pounds may need to be lifted from the floor to waist and includes but is not limited to: compressors, fan motors, and heat pumps. These may also have to be moved up to 10’ on occasion with assistance with hand tools and lift equipment sometimes available. to assist.
- The physical ability to operate different types of equipment including but not limited to cars, trucks and vans, forklifts, pallet jacks, small hand powered tools, etc.
- The physical ability to work at heights for extended periods of time.
- The physical ability to tolerate required personal protective equipment such as steel toed shoes, work gloves, safety glasses, ear protection, dust masks, safety belts and safety shoes on a continuous basis.
Specific Job Requirements
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, and repairs various makes and models of
- Large, Medium, Small and Single Zone constant volume and VAV rooftop units
- Make up air units
- Site built Air Handler Unit
- Split systems of all sizes
- Air and water cooled chillers
- Hot water heaters
- Boilers: Steam and hot water
- VAV boxes
- Gas furnaces, heaters, etc.
- Water pumps
- Understand the operating principles of heating, air conditioning, and work safety practices related to HVAC work.
- Knowledge of procedures and operation and maintenance on Hydronic systems, both hot and chilled water, Air Systems, and Control Systems
- Consistently provide solutions or options to difficult problems
- Make customers feel confident that their problems are resolved
- Represent NMC in a professional manner at all times
- Perform daily work duties associated with the trade with little to no supervision in the field.
- 7 years of Journeyman-level experience operating, maintaining, and repairing HVAC equipment.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License.
- EPA License.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check (including driving record)
- Must have clean & neat appearance
- Possess an analytical and mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to follow blueprints and understand technical instructions.
- Solid communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and locate conditions which require repair and maintenance work; keep records.
- Ability to explain technical information to clients at a level they understand.
- Able to work independently.
- Effectively use a computer, and knowledge of applicable software.
For more information visit our website at http://www.nashvillemachine.com/
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.